If you girlfriend damaged your car what would you do and say? was what I said ok?

I let my girlfriend borrow my car and she came back with the front damaged. Somehow she hit a pole while attempting to park. I got mad and call her a stupid blonde that shouldn't drive and then she got all emotional and saying sorry many times. I don't know what to do now. She said she will try to find the money to fix it but im getting an estimate tomorrow for it. I'm just dissapointed in her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should apologize.
    And look this may make your relationship stronger if you can get through this bro. I mean I would make up with her. Cars are replaceable people aren't. I mean she obviously feels and and you do to. Seem a like a good guy. If I were you...
    Well it's like this if you show her you love her still and are still nice to her and stuff bro she already feels bad. I mean ya a few thousand dollars. Use charity money for it. I mean a broken heart irepearable. A broken fender that you can fix. If I were you I would take her out to dinner and stuff
    Cuz she is already upset about and I wonder if in a way she is more upset about than you are.
    Look bro this is your chance to shine. True love glows in the dark. And if you get through this... you can get through anything good luck

• i already apologized 3 times. I really am sorry. seeing her cry made me sad after the fact i got mad. She promised to pay for the damages. i will treat her to dinner tomorrow

• I mean happily ever after

• Oh ok lol. thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• What you said wasn't really ok. I mean tell her you're sorry but make sure she pays for at least half the price. What car is it?

• I guess i can and a 2009 335i coupe

• ohhh my :$ yeah that might be like $1000+ about, if it is bad. I hope she does at least pay for half or 3/4... work something out with her :) Goodluck bro!!!

• At least $1000 to just replace the bumper. Are you reporting it to insurance? What's your deductible?

What Girls Said 27

• I'd pay for the damages and then dump you. I hope she has the sense to do the same. You shouldn't speak to someone you care about like that. It's just a fucking car. She didn't run over your mom.

• Good at least he would a new car.

• No. Look at my comment on this.

• @KramivViolin @cankles @kakrahiri I realized i made a mistake by saying that and i said i was sorry 3 times. I was really mad and i understand the mistake i have done.

• You shouldn't EVER insult someone on a personal level. You can show her that you're upset at her because of her ACTIONS, but by getting down to a personal level you make it seem like she is the problem... put yourself in her shoes and realize that she is trying to help and that she is seriously sorry. Let her pay for half of it and apologize.

• i already apologized 3 times. I really am sorry. seeing her cry made me sad after the fact i got mad. She promised to pay for the damages

• yes i will for sure. What i did was an asshole move. She is more important

• Listen, in a relationship we all have our ups and downs and when you're able to resolve those problems and put them behind it shows how healthy, strong, and good your relationship is :)

• That was pretty reckless of her, I agree. I would also be pretty mad. Maybe share the cost for repairs (you can actually use this to your advantage - for birthdays or anniversaries, you can spend much less because you can use the excuse that you're still at a bit of a loss from paying for repairs and she won't get mad if you're cheaper than usual), and that way she won't feel super guilty about wrecking it, but will still feel bad enough that she didn't take full responsibility.
    I think you should apologise for calling her that, but I don't think she will be too bothered by what you said because you were put in a position where you were really irritated. Hope it helps!

• She said she would pay for the damages and i did say sorry to her 3 times for calling her that. I was mad and was not thinking

• I feel like I've read this exact question a few months ago or something. Maybe even when I was on my linkywinky account.

• Oh good I'm not the only one who noticed this. There was a guy a few months ago posting this exact question (or very similar questions) every few days. He always said that his girl crashed either his corvette or his BMW or something like that.

• As a girl who LOVES cars, I can totally understand your anger and frustration. HOWEVER, dude its just a car, and I'm sure it was hard enough on her to mess it up. Saying what you did was a bit harsh, and I recommend telling her sorry once your anger has passed. Now you as a guy, I know y'all cherish your cars and tell her any help to make it better is appreciated just like she is. I'm sure it can all be worked out.

• I did say sorry to her today and i will make it up to her (that i said she was a dumb blonde). She said she would pay for it also.

• Good good :) I'm glad all worked out for you. Best of luck to you guys in the future.

• You have the right to be pissed. But maybe after you should have just told her that you didn't mean it!

• i told her i was sorry for saying that to her

• I guess there is not much you can do then!

• That was super douchie. Are you telling me you've never made a mistake? What if someone called you a stupid pile of cum gather and told you that you shouldn't be living? You should have taken it better and told her that you love her clumsiness but she would have to pay for it, but not at once. That you understand mistakes happen. She's only human. Let her pay it in payments. I did this to my boyfriends F250 and he treated me just as I've described and I payed for it and everything went well. It would've just made things worse if he started being really mean. A dinted car can be fixed, you hurting her like that can never be taken back.

Good luck. Just watch your words. They can hurt.

• it's a bit more than a dent, I told her i was sorry for the blonde joke and sorry for making her cry more yesterday. She said she would pay for full and i'm really surprised caused she was like "are you going to break up with me?" Why would she say that? This isn't to the point of breaking up,

• well you have no right to call her a stupid blonde

• @Bea123 @Sdavis2604 I will make it up to her because i called her a dumb blonde. Seeing her cry really made me sad. I will forsure say sorry again tomorrow.

• Well, she should've been more careful. Don't attack her essence as a person, but rather help her accept responsibility and to pay for it. You being her boyfriend, you should share the hardships in your parter's life, and, in this situation, help her make half the money to pay for stuff.
    1) apologize
    2) don't make her accept responsibility, but make her realize the amount of work you must do to make up for her mistake. If she sees how hard working you are later on or initially, she may want to accept some responsibility in paying for the costs.

• 2) contin.
      or you could ask her to help you directly. I think that'd be best. Kind of guilt her into it but with no aggression whatsoever.

• Thankd and i will apologze once again tomorrow cause i made her feel sad

• Okay, nice!

• Thats a hard one!
    But in every case, no matter if it's a girlfriend, family member or friend - it's just never ok.

But in this case it actually seems like she's really sorry. Of course she should pay/cover for the damages - but dont be so hard on her, i know it sucks, that she broke your car, but shit happens and i doubt that she did it on purpose or doesn't care about your car, she just hit that pole by accident, it could've happened for everybody! As long as she owns up to it, apologize, and pay the prize.

• told her i was sorry for the blonde joke. and she said she would pay for the full damage.

• @sluggognatface think wut u want but my opinion is that instead of calling her things and yelling at her he should have been more supportive of her. yes, its fine to be mad and all but you dont scream at your girlfriend about something she's already upset and crying about.

• @Bea123 I agree. He is a jerk to do that. That has nothing to do with personal responsibility. These things in life are lessons. He may learn to be more kind and patient and she can learn to be more careful in the type of guys she picks and the way she drives. Morally paying one's debt/damage is not going to change because of emotions.

• It was a dick move of her to damage your car, I'd be pissed unless it was an accident.
    But it was also a dick move of you to call her a stupid blonde.
    I'd definitely pay the damages if I was the one that did that, but I think the relationship would go downhill because I won't be spoken too like that by anyone.

• i already apologized 3 times. I really am sorry. seeing her cry made me sad after the fact i got mad. She promised to pay for the damages. I was mad and never should of said that

• Good on you :) Shitty situation for both of you to be in :P

• You only care about your stupid car, and only preoccupied about making sure she pays you back for the damage. You can apologize all you want, but you can't take your words back, and the way you keep badgering her about paying for it really says a lot about you. She sounds really sweet, but I hope she sees you for what you are, now, and exits the relationship as soon as she settles up with you. You really don't deserve her.

• i seen your above comment and i wanted to say i already apologized 3 times. I really am sorry. seeing her cry made me sad after the fact i got mad. She promised to pay for the damages. I also said i would take her out for dinner. I was mad and that go too me. She is a sweet girl and it would such if she ever did leave me. I love my car but she is more important than a material object

• Just one more thing: Forgive her. REALLY forgive her.

• i did, i feel ok with myself and calm now. I do feel bad i said those things to her. i won't ever do it again

• Ok, well, you probably shouldn't have said what you did, and you know it. It's certainly understandable though, and I'd be furious too. You said something nasty in anger, and that's pretty normal. You didn't hit her, or get violent, so an apology should be all that is required for that.
    It was obviously an accident, so I do hope you can forgive her. She does need to pay to repair the damage though. At least most of it, if not all of it. It was her fault, after all.

• If it were my car and someone I care about crash it, initially I would be worried if they're ok and then comes the car. I do agree the name calling was rude.

• Of course you would get mad. Maybe its too harsh to call her stupid blonde. Should apologise and say i went out of line, i got mad etc. If she didn't get upset or didn't say sorry too many times, she doesn't care.
    Apologise and say you were disappointed. Don't know what to say about the bill being paid. How long you two been together? I believe the 'you break it, you pay for it.'

• she was crying. I did also say sorry today. I told her to try and pay it full and she said yes

• Uh, that's not okay on her part. Hope your insurance can help cover most of it. She should pay for deductible and whatever's not covered though.

• yeah put my insurance will skyrocket. It's better for them NOT to know. She can pay me 3/4 at least

• Ooh. Dunno what the damage was but I imagine it's gonna be considerable just cuz it's a BMW. In any case, sorry bro. That's rough.

• yeah :( and thanks

• This is why i don't drive his car lol my car is nothing compare to him so he can drive anytime and damage it lol i'd be more concerned if he got hurt from the damage he made. But that's just me lol people value material goods differently. But my man comes first.

• I told her i was sorry 3 times and that she meant more to me then my car and i should of not acted that way

• I know you're a guy and you value your car, but that was hurtful to call her stupid and tell her she shouldn't be driving. It's something that can be fixed and you should be glad she was not injured in the collision

• Insulting someone is never the right thing to do. Instead of asking her if she was okay you were more worried about your car. Material things are always replaceable

• She was ok and I did also say sorry today. I told her to try and pay it full and she said yes

• As are humans, so your logic is inaccurate.

• i think that was a rude response, obviously she didn't hit it on purpose. but i do think she should chip in to fix it

• I did say sorry to her today and i will make it up to her (that i said she was a dumb blonde). She said she would pay for it.

• Sue her. She has to take responsibility.

• oh god. Not sure, i'm not going that far. I told her i was sorry for the blonde joke. and she said she would pay for the full damage.

• @Sdavis2604 Sure i would ask her/him if they are going to pay for it in full price. If they said no, or i would not receive the money in a week, then it's game over for them and i would be suing them straight away, this is if they would be my GF/BF. If they were a STRANGER, then i would be a lot harsher. You see? i am being nice here, a bitch/bastard would kick the shit out of you.

• That's true. I just tend to be more forgiving and know that some people can't afford to get a lot of money saved up in a week. Not saying you're a terrible person, we just have different options and that's ok. That's what makes us unique and awesome. I do think your approach would be appropriate if they refused to pay.

• I think she must feels quite guilty, so she already got punish, got mad is ok for you, but few days are enough.

• Meh.. that's just a normal human response don't know why everyone's getting so upset >_> Its not like you hit her.
    At least she said she'd pay for it. When you borrow something you are responsible for anything that happens to it.

• Accidents happen! If the car is so important, why did you let her borrow? You can't talk to someone like that, it is disrespectful and prejudiced.

• u were way too hard on her if i was her i would break up with you. You should be understanding, and maybe a little mad but calling her a stupid blonde? thats not being a good boyfriend its being a jerk
    SAY SORRY you didn't mean any of it. tell her she doesn't have to get the money to fix it and that its ok. if you dont, you're relationship is screwed

• Lol typical radical feminist raised in the 15th century, i pity you.

• @MissIndependent111 i have two words for you: shut up. oh wait, i have one more. bitch.

• I did say sorry to her today and i will make it up to her (that i said she was a dumb blonde). She said she would pay for it. I know i said it in a bad way and i was a bit harsh on her.

• That's so tough. I know at the spare of the moment you're pissed. I would be too.. but maybe next time not use those harsh words. A mistake. Things happen.

As insurance for you will go up, best bet is paying the cost. Sorry bro... The things you do when you're in a relationship.

• Lol omg. Relax. If ya have insurance just say you were driving. Your deductible should cover it. But ya never heard this information from me.

• My insurance will go up though will it not? i think it will and i have a'09 bmw 335i, So it will be costly

• thanks

• Anytime😊

• That's a little rude. I understand you were mad but did you at least apologize after the fact? It's not like she intended to damage your car.

If my boyfriend damaged my truck I wouldn't be happy, no, but I wouldn't call him names.

• i did not apologize but i guess i should right?

• She started to cry when i said it so maybe she is still sad. I will say sorry to her

• Okay, that sounds like a good idea!

What Guys Said 9

• I'd tell her "I can always buy a new car, but I can't buy a new you. I'm glad you're okay".

You verbally attacked someone you care about because they ACCIDENTALLY damaged a material possession of yours.

• I would've been upset too, but insulting the person you love is uncalled for. Accidents happen, and getting angry and calling her names was both unnecessary and disrespectful.

• I certainly wouldn't berate her like you've done. That's a dick head move on your part.

I'm a relaxed person and I understand that accidents happen. Also, I'd care more about HER well being than my car - - a material possession.

• you're kind of a douche...

• It happened to my wife and to me. It never got any of us mad.

• I would shout at her, but i wouldn't call her names. Although if she got bitchy and say she wouldn't pay the damages then i would have to sue her.

• @Asker Well if it makes you feel happy. I wouldn't do that until she would pay for the damages.

• if she was my girlfriend... she'd be the kinda person offer to pay/help out w/o me asking.

• She won't pay to fix it. Shit happens and it's only money but women sure love to destroy a man's vehicles.

• LOL... no we don't, but we feel really bad when we do. He was wrong to berate her, though. If it were my situation, I would offer to pay the deductible, then I would get out of the relationship and leave him to be alone with his precious car, which he obviously cares more for than me. Only girls and douchebags drive BMW's, anyway.

• @cankles Ha Beamers are nice ass cars. Yeah I would and have numerous times had girlfriends wreck my car and I never freaked out too bad or called the idiots idiots although I wanted to. I guarantee you she won't pay anything or much on this guys car.