Is my girlfriend joining a sorority going to ruin our relationship?

I know a lot of girls including my siser who rush sororities for good reason. They don't party all the time and actually want to help others with phylathropy. But I also know a lot of girls who completely changed upon rushing (Going out every night, fake friendships rubbing off on their personality, and countless one night stands with frat guys). I know they're extremely time consuming and as a pre med student I feel that would eliminate all extra time she was using on me. she's a very good girl and I really love her, but I dont know how to handle the situation. Help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Joining a sorority was one of the most fulfilling experiences I had while in college. It might strain your time together, it did take ti me from me and my partner, but it was something I wanted to do and he respected that. Two years later, we're still going strong 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely communicate like crazy man. Sororities lol.. Sometimes they are so loyal and committed to their sorority it'd like they might as well be lesbian.

I have a friend, she graduated two years ago but STILL visits and hangs out there all the time. Lol

What Girls Said 4

• Look at it this way... it's her life.

She has to balance what she wants out of life, with what she wants out of your relationship.

The sorority can help her in ways not joining one never could.

She obviously feels your relationship is strong enough to withstand the "time strain"

and honestly.. if she is going to cheat on you.. being in a sorority won't be the reason.. in or out, if it is going to happen, it's going to happen.

You have to look at the big picture.. Do you:

1: Want to be part of her bigger better after school life?
    2: Do you want to hold her back, and cause resentment to fester?
    3: Do you want to break up over this?

Cause ultimately, those are your choices.

• It depends on the kind of sorority she joins. Not all of them party.

• Joining a sorority was one of the best things I've done for myself.

• Talk to her

• I have in extensive detail. She really wants to do this and was very offended by my lack of support. I've gotten must better with accepting it, but it will always haunt the back of my mind.

What Guys Said 6

• It really depends. I highly suggest you don't try to keep the relationship. College is probably the worst influence on a serious relationship. Peer pressure is massive there especially in sororities/frats. It's the perfect place for people explore their sexuality.

You can always try to be an exception but I have never heard of even one serious relationship surviving it without permanent damage.

• Should I let her screw up first? Because either way I'm going to be hurt, but at least if I give it a try and it goes well I get to keep her. We're already sophomores so it's only 2 years we have to get through!

• why don't you just tell her that shit? also, god help you... that rush week shit will be annoying as fuck!

• The rush week shit takes place over my birthday weekend so she won't be spending it with me. I have told her everything I think of those plagues and she was very upset with my lack of support...

• I did the whole greek life and good lord the things girls have to do at my school. God bless bro and I hope all goes well, because it mostly isn't good.

• What are the things that girls have to do?

• @ThreeMonkeys Really all you can do though is let her live her life. She will cheat if she wants to, greek or not. Just let it happen, and trust her.

• Oh I am not the QA. I am just curious... because I have heard both the stereotypical notorious stuff and the non-stereotypical pro academia stuff.

I haven't see any for myself... so I asked.

• Yes bro break up with her lol. Sloots gon sloot.

• if she's white yes.

• She's going to take soooo much frat dick