Why can I not imagine being in a relationship and someone loving me?

I've never had a serious relationship and in fact I haven't ever been asked on a date. I feel like I get a lot of negative comments about my height and looks and only get positives from my parents and adults. I don't know why, but I can't imagine ever having someone love me. Like have someone be able to look at me and think, wow, she's beautiful. I would like to be in a relationship, but I can't even believe that someone would be able to see me the way that I feel. I really think that I'm fairly pretty, intelligent, funny, and compassionate but I feel like no one else will ever see me that way.

Most Helpful Guy

• what do you do specifically to put yourself out there? take community college classes? check out bars? go to local commmunity events?

How social are you? first step of a getting into a relationship is actually interacting with human beings.

Finding someone behind a screen is unlikely. your best best is out there in the real world

• I go to a community college full time, have a lot of friends, work three jobs, tutor a student, and I'm very social.

• Well, I don't know I'm pretty busy most of the time! It's OK then but as soon as I slow down and have a minute to myself I get lonely. None of my guy friends are really people that I get along with right now. They are just kind of there for the next few months until I go on to a for year college

• then wait for the four year college to find someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you haven't been in one thats why you can't imagine yourself in one, but you're not late, just give it time, if you're nice and intelligent and funny etc I can see why it would be easy for a guy to feel that way. Looks only matter for a little because you could be the hottest person and have no one if you're personality is bitter and ugly x

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sure you're fine. Everyone has these anxieties. I can't really tell without a pic though. I'm pretty good at constructive criticism. If you don't feel comfortable enough to post a pic on here you can send it to me and I'll give you some honest pointers.

• well I don't know what you look like so I can't really comment.

What Girls Said 2

• you only accept the love you think you deserve and I believe you have to love yourself first before anything else especially romantically happens

• You have absolutely nothing to be worried about you're stunning!! I'm sure many guys have noticed that already. Its just best not to be paranoid about height and looks trust me I know. I'm 5'2 and a half and everyone just seems so much taller but when i look at it properly they're just inches away! Hope this helps xx