Dating someone with Autism, need some advice?

So I've been talking to this guy online and he seems really nice. We are having our first date this weekend. I'm pretty excited, and he seems excited too.

He admitted to me that he has autism and he's nervous because he's had issues in the past when meeting people.

I don't know much about autism, but I've been doing some research. But I thought I would reach out to the GAG community for some advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• As you have probably read, autism falls on a spectrum. Some are more highly functioning than others. Try to keep an open mind when you meet him.

• Yea, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. He seems really nice and we have been chatting online and I honestly had no idea until he told me. So he's not bad at communicating online.

• Yup, I've seen pictures of him.

• Ok ☺️ then I'm sure the meeting will go well. Don't lose sleep over it.

What Guys Said 2

• It will probably make things a bit harder since autism makes it harder to interpret other peoples emotions. But it's still perfectly possible to have a good relationship with him

• ditch him heed my advice

What Girls Said 0