Should I move out at age 23?

Im torn. I live at home still but i have zero motivation to move out. I feel like i have no motivation to just do it. I should go but to live in the same hometown i lived for years... just bores me. I m still in school and all, but what should i do? just leave? im a girl by the way. I also hate living alone, my young sis moved at 18 and lives alone, she doesn't want to share a house, she is pretty cold and likes her ''privacy''

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only leave if it was necessary, which I did when I was 18.
    If you do have enough money and you do have a reason to do it, then sure.
    If it's financially more valid to stay at home and it doesn't bother your parents, then I don't see why you should.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to move out and be alone I can understand for safety reasons. Why don't you consider getting a roommate? Try asking one of your friends if they'd like to get a place with you. It would benefit everyone, the bills are split so it's less costly. You're not alone in case something dangerous happens. It won't be lonely because you have someone to talk to. Since you'll be saving cash you'd have more money for whatever you'd like. If you have a best friend or any friends and family that want a place of their own talk to them about it. Be sure to set some ground rules though, and I wouldn't trust online ads for roomies. It's better to be safe than sorry.

• i have roommates but its just feels so boring

• Oh well, I don't know. If you don't want to live alone the only thing I can think of are roomies, but you already have that. Are you just wanting to leave the town you're in?

• i can't i have fam and friends here

What Guys Said 2

• Our son moved out at 18 (all expenses paid until he had a degree and an income).

• If you feel it's the time

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly moving out is so great! You truly do have your own freedom, no one to answer to and fully in control of your life. You start preparing and obviously if you've saved, you can try finding a roommate, there are people also in need of them, its also cheaper!