Is race an issue?

I've been dating outside my race (I love all races, that's just what's happened, so far) and I've never had a problem, personally, but find that family members and others, people who typically deal with the public, to be heavily opinionated or disapproving. It's not all of course, but enough for me to take notice.
It's kinda hard to word my question, I'm sure I'll think of something better later lol

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something that always concerned be dating interracially. Some people just don't approve and, well, you know how other people figure they have to let you know about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's only an issue if you let it be one.
    My boyfriend is Asian and I get where you're coming from. No one says it directly but all those disapproving glances and if they actually know you better, all the '... so you ACTUALLY like him?' speak volumes.

Bugs me to no end as well. But in the end, who's in the relationship; you, or them? If you don't see race as a deal-breaker, don't let others being stuck in their old-age ways force their conservative views on you.

• Thanks :) I don't see it as a deal breaker, it's just weird to see people be so mean for no reason. And I've gotten more than disapproving glances lol

• no problem. :)
      What's the worst reaction you've gotten?

• I was being introduced to an ex's uncle and the man gave me the dirtiest look known to man, spat by my foot and walked away. Now that could've been purely racism, but that bothered me for a long time

What Guys Said 6

• I don't see it as an issue, bit there is definitely a good chunk of society that disagrees with it. My girlfriend and I are not the same race, we live in an area where it's pretty common. I see mixed race couples regularly, frequently and everywhere. It's pretty accepted here. We have traveled to other areas where the stupidity was overt, and that's not just true for the US. It's true for anywhere that people exist lol.

• race is not an issue to me. I take people as individuals not as a black person, white person, Asian person or whatever.

to me a person is who they are and not what their skin color is

• I think it can be an issue. It depends on where you are living, and how your families are as well as your cultural differences. I've dated women from several different parts of the world, but luckily I didn't get any shit about it from anyone. I'm also lucky to have such supportive parents who respect me enough not to discriminate against my choice of partners. I will admit that if I were with a woman of a different race in my hometown, there would be more of an issue than when living in a metropolitan area where it is more common to see interracial dating.

• My parents, especially my daddy, were originally against me dating outside my race, but they warmed up to it :) I live in Tx, so it's a big enough state that it shouldn't be an issue but it's whatever

• If it is, it shouldn't.
    Let's not let racism win, send those who disagree to hell. ;-)

• Not with me

• I have been with several different races and get looks every so often when dating black but that's all

What Girls Said 4

• Never! You like who you like. You find attractive whom you find attractive. Nothing wrong with that. It just means you aren't shallow like all those naysayers. I think its beautiful. Regardless of race. Love is just one of those things that shouldn't have boundaries. 💜💖👍👌

• If they have an issue, it's to do with themselves...

• I'm getting tired of these interracial dating questions. We get it your boyfriend is a different race. Also for the other users below who have a boyfriend of a different race, if race is not big deal then why are you women and men so quick to point out that your boyfriend is not the same race as you

• I don't see it as an issue. I've dated outside my race and it wasn't a problem lol