Is Skype sex cheating? He doesn't seem to feel bad about it?

guy has long term long-distance girlfriend... we, ve been in touch on a friendship basis, but it got to the point where he revealed that he was very attracted. At one point he told me about the girlfriend, and I became reserved. He promised to stop with the sexual advances, which he did. Unfortunately, I had some low moments and motivated him to continue... so everything got a bit "naughty"...
and yes, to the point mentioned in the title..

to me, this would be cheating, but he doesn't seem to feel about it at all? Especially cause I have asked him thousands times and reminded him that he has a gf?
What's wrong with that person? It's one thing to "cheat" and regreat it, but another to lie and cheat on a permanent basis...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say drop him and get with a guy who doesn't come with all this drama attached to him. It can only end badly. Yes he is completely cheating on his girlfriend, and has no qualms about her feelings or his relationship and will do so with others in the future.

• he doesn't seem to be emotianlly stable... he is smart and he knows what he is doing... but his "weakness" is stronger than his morals or duties..

• I interpret it als sarcasm? i mean the first bit
      yes, out of sight, out of mind... that's why I probably couldn't have a long distance relationship as I wouldn't be able to trust a guy (not only guys, girls can't be trusted either...)

the normal choice would be to stop cheating or either break up and enjoy his young years!

• Haha yeah first sentence was sarcasm.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that's definitely cheating. Of course he doesn't feel bad about it. He obviously doesn't respect or care about his girlfriend if he's talking to you in a sexual way. Some people are just cheaters and they feel no remorse or regret about it... until their partner finds out.

What Guys Said 7

• "If I give him a blow job, but he doesn't penetrate me, is it cheating?"

• I think it's a form of cheating. Think to yourself if you had the chance to be with him in person and have sex, would you do it?

• Maybe the 'girlfriend' part is a lie or sth or maybe there's really something wrong with him.

• what do you mean? that it's not a serious relationship? i dont know

• well... i dont get many info, he doesn't like to talk about it... obviously not going great the relationship, but yeah, hell knows...

• Then, tell him, If he wants to be with you, the only way is to give you a good explanation on that if he don't I'll recommend you to stop doing those because its a 'lose-lose' situation, its bad for him to do so and its bad that you encourage him.

• Since he is the one with a long distance girlfriend, I think it's safe to say that you did not cheat, but instead it's the guy who is the cheater

• It's cheating and your an enabler..

• he would find someone else... If I was that special he would be with me, wouldn't he?
      I am just a means to jerk off, nothing more. If I was, he would have broken up with her

• Why are you even thinking about this?

• i don't know... cause I feel bad, but I can't understand how he doesn't... probably because he is a guy

• lol of course I am bitter? He used me by saying that his relationship was crap and he took advantage of me. I admit that I could have acted differently, but by acting this way, I discovered his true personality...

you are a guy, again, you won't understand. Suppose your girlfriend was doing this shit behind your back? would you want to live with a liar?

• You weren't born yesterday. You really fell for that?

I wouldn't choose to live with a liar if I knew better.

• I'd call that cheating. You're getting intimate, whether is the phone, text or video, he's doing things that are usually reserved for your girlfriend, if you have one at the time.

What Girls Said 7

• A guy with that little integrity towards his girlfriend isn't going to have much integrity when it comes to your naked pictures and video's... I would be careful what you send this guy, womens emotions obviously don't come into play when he makes decisions.

• i did not send any naked pics... it was a one time thing (streaming). to be fair, i really think he is not "that" bad... i've known him for a while

• i challenge you to stop saying or sending anything sexual to him. watch how quickly he disappears lmao

• i think you are getting it wrong.. he was the one who initially stopped with the sexual advances and we only had "formal" friendly contact... unfortunately, my hormones and my weakness le to the continuation of it... he tried to maintain contact in a nice way, but I just continued...(stupid stupid)

• If you stay with him someday you'll be on the other side of this and you'll be heartbroken. That's like someone who talks behind peoples' backs about someone else. Do you really think they just gossip about others, and never do the same when you're not around? He's showing you his true colors by not feeling guilty about his cheating, so please take note and don't become the other girl.

• yes that's what strikes me...
      we are not in touch right now, so it's probably for the best.
      Ne never valued me and I could never trust him I guess... He showed me his true colours even before it started...

• That is totally up to you. If you are not a friend of hers or don't know her personally, I would actually stay out of it completely. Better to let them work things out on their own. Just ask yourself if you were her, would you want to be told? It's a tough call but you'll come to the right answer.

• I would want to be told. I think it is the worst thing to live in a "lie"?
      I dont even know how people dont want to be told and would prefer to live in ignorance?

they won't be able to work it out as she will probably never find out.
      It's just so hurtful to be treated as second choice and lower class - i should probably stay out and just never again talk to him...

• it is cheating

• As long it's not physical it's NOT CHEATING IN MY OPINION. Couldn't care less about it.

• your boyfriend (with that I mean a very narrow definition of person you have sex with: someone you love and respect)... i mean if you agree with your boyfriend that Skype and online stuff is not cheatint, that's fine.

This guy, however, is doing it behind the back of his girlfriend. I assume she does not have a clue

• @Asker I would be worrying if he would go further tough. I have to admit that.

• in my case... he wanted to go further! like inviting me to his place, everything had to be a secret etc.
      something that is "harmless" (cybersex) could possibly turn into something more severe... not always though

• Yes, Skype sex is definitely cheating.

• I consider cyber sex cheating. It might vary person to person.

• It's emotional cheating. Even if there is no physicality the intent to cheat is there. I wouldn't talk to him if he's going to be unfaithful to his partner and take advantage of your low moments.

• There was even intent to cheat... well he wanted me to come over, but everything had to be a secret... lol
      i didn't go of course...

you are right... your words make it very clear.
      He is taking advantage of my low moments...

• You don't deserve a guy who's willing to cheat and take advantage of you.