Do you agree with people who play hard to get?

Guy and girls, what is your opinion on chasing a woman? Or a woman playing hard to get? Do you think this is the right course of action to get yourself a partner, or do you think it is childish?

• I agree with making someone chase me or playing hard to get
  • i do not agree with making someone chase me or playing hard to get
  • depends on the circumstances!

Most Helpful Girl

• guys do this too. only when I guy does it it's considered playing it cool. really it's just fucking annoying. I don't get why we can't just let it be known we like each other and skip the damn games.

• I didn't think of that! Yeah people don't declare their feelings for others enough!

• That's why i prefer older women, they're clear with what they want. More willing to go out on dates.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an area in between playing hard to get and being easy. Just have a regular conversation and just show your true intentions. Don't throw yourself at them but also don't play hard to get if you like them. In this day and age people will just move on when you are playing hard to get due to how easy it is to just meet somebody else. Especially if you are only at the flirting stage.

What Girls Said 7

• I dunno, it seems like if someone plays hard to get, they'll get criticised for that, and if they're easy, they'll get criticised for that. There's nothing anyone can do right :P I guess I just think that people should move at the pace that comes naturally to them and if that's fast or slow, who cares?

• I think it's pretty silly, to play 'hard to get' and believe that men, for hte most-part, are very interested in the chase.

It makes little to no sense to me to start a relationship or fling by keeping the other person guessing. Playing hot&cold. That kind of thing may work when you're in elementary, in 'relationships' that consist of passing notes or I guess sending cute texts these days. If you're an adult though, I'd prefer to be clear with what I want, and expect the same from the guy.

• I do not agree. I'm not 15 therefore I don't want to be romantically involved with someone who acts and thinks like they are.

• It depends sometime I like the chase.

• Nope, I find it silly and immature to play that game.

It is however not good to become too dependent on a person quickly in a budding relationship. Too much too soon is not always a good thing.

• I don't like it but if a guy is playing it cool then in return I'll get annoyed and act hard to get. Not a good thing really.

• lol put him in his place, huh?

• Exactly but that's not how I wanna be AT ALL. But if a guy brings it, oh well. No choice. Although I hate it.

• maybe because I end up being the one who has to chase.

What Guys Said 17

• It can work but ittl fail a lot too. Guys who aren't good at reading signals will interpret it as disinterest, guys who are good at reading signals might get turned off because they hate games.

I think it will only work if he thinks she genuinely hard to get. Personally Id never try to chase a girl if I knew she normally just "jumps into the net" for other guys.

• No, I dislike people who play hard to get, and plus playing is very silly and childish yes. Why act disinterested when that person is actually interested? I don't see any logic in this. If a person is not interested then they should show themselves as not interested but shouldn't act otherwise.

It's very silly!!

• It's childish. If people try to play games with me I lose all interest. I'm not going to chase a girl or make a girl chase me. If we have feelings or interest for each other, that's enough. I don't want to be tested and I don't want to be toyed with. Be up front with me or gtfo.

• Girls who don't pretend to be hard to get are slut shamed. That leaves them not much of a choice.
    I chased a girl in HS. It was an error and didn't lead anywhere (well, we're still far friends). When I stopped chasing (in college) , other girls became interested.

• Only insecure people play hard to get. I don't have time for immature kids, I wanna date a real woman.

• Not for me. I'm man enough to admit, that I like being wanted and desired by a woman.

If I don't get any affirmation from her, I would consider her interest as nil, and my interest would start fading fast!

• Nah I think it's a waste of time. I want someone to be real with me. Be blunt and honest not coy and misleading.

• It's immature and a deal breaker

• Personally, I will move on if the chemistry's superb right, but no sex after THIRD (3) dates. I've gone out with someone 6~7th dates, chemistry's on. kisses, touchy feely but no sex. and Im not superb physically attracted to her, so it's easier for me to move on.

• I say no. It's childish, really. We're big kids now, no need to play "hard to get". Either it's we doing this or not. Nobody should have to play this little game of cat and mouse. If you're making someone chase you, you really need to figure out ASAP if that person even likes chasing. Some guys and girls like to be a chaser and some, like me, dislike it greatly.

• Do I agree with whether or not it works? If it's ethical or if it's a good idea?

There's no doubt that it can work, but it's not always a good move.

• If you really, actually liked me, you wouldn't play stupid games with me.

• A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared beliefs.

Playing hard to get, is unproductive and childish, nonetheless foolish.

• Are you kidding me? Fuck that. If a girl likes me I want her to be blunt about it.

• I have been accused of playing hard to get and it's not that I play this game, it's that I am hard to get.

• There have been studies into this, you'll find that playing hard to get *reduces* the likelihood of the outcome women want and this is reflected in the poll by guys saying it's annoying.

So seriously girls, stop it. It is just a stupid thing to do unless you want one night stands that never want to talk to you again.

• Playing hard to get is stupid... honestly. Women don't seem to understand that if a guy wants to have sex with you, he probably won't quit until he gets it out of you, even when you play hard to get.

I've been on 8 dates with a girl once who was playing hard to get, just to get into her pants and when she gave it up on that 8th date (5 months later), I stopped going after her and moved onto a new girl.

If I really want to fuck a girl, playing hard to get isn't going to stop me and you are just prolonging the inevitable.

• No, I've moved on from a girl after 6~7th dates (approximately 2 months' time), we kissed touchy feely but no sex. But I didn't force her to commit verbally.