Old fashion or the truth?

Guys are supposed to be the one to ask a girl out not a girl ask out a guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Old fashioned and disempowering. It removes a woman's sense of agency and puts them in a position where they have to compete against other women to try and 'win' the affection of a man, who can then proceed to pick and choose from amongst the presented options.

It is hard to ask someone out because you run the risk of rejection. That is true for all genders. But if you do not take control of your life and go after the things you want, you are left on the bench pining over missed opportunities and letting others dictate the flow of your life and the source of your own personal happiness. A person needs to take control of their own personal happiness, and pursue those opportunities instead of letting them slip away. Yes, there will be rejection, but it will let you live a life without regret, because you know you'll have done what you can, you know you'll have given it your best shot.

Far from the truth, unless by truth you mean 'a way for men to control the happiness of women instead of letting them pursue their own happiness on equal grounds'. But I don't think that's the definition of truth that anyone uses ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares, works either way...

What Guys Said 8

• Im actually ok with the guy being expected to ask girls out. I just hate the expectation that he should have to pay.

• I think this is the dumbest relationship rule in the book.

• Old fashion

• That's not how it works anymore. The good guys generally have girls approaching them now so they don't chase after girls as much anymore.

• I think that it's still expected for the guy to make the first move, but there isn't anything wrong with a girl going up to a guy first.

• I'll admit, I'd love to be asked out by a girl

• Neither. It's very much still a thing, but it's an aspect of our society, not a law of nature.

• Guys like it when a girl asks him out because it takes a lot of pressure off the guy

What Girls Said 4

• truth.
    but recently a lot of girls have been asking out guys
    many people dissaprove of it but its like a thing where girls can take control too!
    whatever floats your boat!
    hipe this helps!
    😊

• Truth. I think initially at least it's very cool.

• extremely old fashioned and in poor taste. Bleh.

• Old fashion and close minded