How can I ask this girl out?

It's my senior year of college and I have decided to try and get a girlfriend. I'm a music major, and there is this one girl I have seen around the music center practicing clarinet for the last couple of weeks. She is really cute, and I think that she's a freshman because I have never seen her before. Anyways, I really want to talk to her and get to know her better. I tried to come up with a reason to talk to her today. Since I'm in a composition class, I asked her if I could ask her about a composition I wrote for clarinet. I was really nervous before asking her, but I just went for it. She was really surprised when I knocked on her door, but when I asked her if she could look at my piece, she agreed without hesitation. It only lasted about a minute or two. I couldn't think of anything to say to her to keep the conversation going, so after she was done looking at my composition, I walked out of the practice room. She didn't seem disinterested, though. She was nice, but didn't say anything to keep the converstion going. I wanted to go back and tell her the real reason I wanted to talk to her, but I wimped out. I hope I didn't scare her. After all, I was just a random person she's never met before. Anyways, I won't to know if I still have a chance. I still want to ask her out, and now that I've talked to her, I get a feeling that she might be open to knowing someone new. Again, she didn't sound disinterested and genuinely helped me out. Should I try to get closer to her or should I tell her that I would like to go out with her the next time I see her?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Get a bit closer to her, find some way to bump into her, and/or say hi if you walk by her. Maybe ask for her number; the sooner you do that, the more likely it is she'll assume you wanna ask her out (and that could be good or bad depending on what you think).