Are girls afraid of dating cops?

It seems that, even though I go to college full time and work as a part-time cop, girls are scared of going out with me whenever I tell them what I do. Some think it's cool, but they instantly place me in their friend zone. I have to resort to hiding my identity until a girl knows me well enough. I feel like Batman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind going out with a cop, because I know I will be protected by him. But the fact that your you are a cop implies that you're exposed to many dangers and it is very probable that the girls think that something serious could happen to you. So I think that's the reason they prefer you just as a friend because they don't want to face this type of problems.

What Girls Said 6

• I think cops are just the perfect people to date and I there is no way I'd be scared to date a cop. But, then again, dating a cop means you put your life in danger every day and anything is bound to happen, which scare girls off. But, if a girl really fell in love with you and your personality then I don't think that you being a cop would be a bother. It'll one thing your "future-lover" would have to get through. Which will show how much she wants to be with you. Just be yourself and it'll eventually work out with someone (hopefully) :D

• I don't think I could handle being married to a cop, at least not if it was in a dangerous area. I'd just be too worried. That said, I've got a couple guy friends who are cops and they seem to run through girls like kleenex. I don't even bother learning the girls' names anymore because I know that by the next time I see them they'll have been replaced. So certainly not all girls are afraid to date cops.

• I would have no problem. I'd think it was cool, but it wouldn't get you automatically stuck in "friends only". Men in uniform are hot. ;) Also, it's a profession that is more serving-the-people oriented, which I think is awesome.

• Guys who are cops tend to be on the socially conservative side and some of my habits are a little *illegal* so I don't think we would be a good match lol but if he liked me for me I guess I would

But I would worry about him getting shot or hurt or something. It would be better if he had a safer job

• I don't understand why you would hide your identity. I am dating a cop right now it's not as bad as it sounds. I think only certain women can handle dating or marrying a cop. You need to be really patient and understanding, as they have no set schedule, and can be called into work at any given moment. But it's really no different than dating a any other guy. They are humans after all.

• It's an admirable profession and definitely tops being unemployed, there's plenty girls out there with a soft spot for uniforms.

Anyway Batman was by far the best superhero ;P

• I heard story about cops since they are exposed to so many woman they are pron to f*** up or they just want to get laid...sorry to day it... I dated a cop and that will be the last time I will ever date one.... I wish he would of never told me he was a cop because as soon as he did I was in alert mode... and damn I was right.

What Guys Said 0