Girls, how do I tell my girlfriend I cheated on her with her best friend?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok. Here's the thing. You and best friend, not exactly best choice. I'm sure you both are aware what you did was wrong and blah blah I will spare you of the guilt trip. However, she is your girlfriend, you wronged her, and with her best friend. Two people whom she put great trust into and now there is a dark secret. Can YOU live with this and NOT do it again? Can bestie live with this and NOT tell? It's a very sticky situation, and no matter what someone is going to suffer, be it in silence or visually. If you seriously want to be the one to tell her and seriously man up, expect her to crumble and perhaps even leave you. You are going to have to really prove to her that you mean business. There is no easy way to tell her, no gentle way that will soften the blow. Just brace yourself, and accept what is said and done. Best wishes and healing for you all.

What Girls Said 4

• Can you give me some details about what happened and how long you've been dating? I've had a bit experience with this

• it was sex and we dated for an year

• Was it someone she knew? Were you drunk or high? How long had you known her or was it just a one night stand? Were you two fighting at the time or had you not seen each other in a while?

• I find it admirable how you plan on telling her instead of just hiding it. You should prepare for her to be upset, since it is something to be upset over. However, you should express sincere repentance about what you did and, most importantly, stress that you'll never do it again. If she's willing to give you a second chance, don't screw it up.

• Don't tell her at all. That's my best advice.

• No, that'll just make it worse when she finds out.

• Well, I was assuming you were going to be breaking up with her beforehand. If you plan on staying together, then that's a different story.

• bluntly. there's no sense in beating behind the bush. No matter what way you say it will equally hurt. So just come out with it but don't make it sound like you don't care. Don't use that one thing lead to another or it was a mistake or i regret it. Just say "i did something that i know is going to hurt you but you need to know the truth..." carry on from there.