Is it weird/creepy to kiss a girl on the cheek at the beginning of a first date?

Mostly for women but guys can answer too

• yes it is creepy
  • not creepy but not a good idea
  • not weird if we are friends
  • not weird/creepy at all
  • sounds like a good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• It rather depends on where you're from. In North America (where people are incredibly puritanical about sexuality and expressions of affection), yes, most people would probably find that creepy.

In most of Europe, that's just a normal greeting. Dudes even kiss dudes on the cheek.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the definition of "kiss".

If its like the European "bisou" greeting you really just put your cheek on the other persons cheek - an air kiss. You don't plant a kiss on them unless you're good friends and its a sign of affection. I'll sometimes kiss my female friends that way if I haven't seen them for a while and have missed them. They don't think its weird (I dont think?) but for a first date there's nothing wrong with a kiss or an air kiss.

The first meeting of the first date can be a social minefield with regards body language/contact. You don't shake hands, you can't kiss, you don't hug, you dont want to stand with your arms out or crossed so you look defensive. What do you do?

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I would feel a bit weird if a guy kissed me on the cheek at the beginning of a first date. If I knew him from before though, maybe it's not so bad.

I usually prefer my first dates to start with an air kiss. And if we hit it off I end it with giving the guy a hug and a peck on the cheek.

• If you know her already and are friends/have talked before for a while, I don't think it's creepy. If you barely talked and are not very familiar with each other, i'd leave it. Or maybe at the end of the date.
    It's seen as a form of greeting in Europe. My country at least.

• Dont think its weird or creepy. Think its alil forward though

• If she is a Stranger its a no go... but if guys already know each other it's fine.

• I don't really mind to be honest doesn't bother me

• It's normal
    Normally a guy would pick me up and kiss me on the cheek to say hi when he sees me
    I think it makes things more comfortable
    And if she's on a date with you she obviously likes you and won't mind at all if you're confident

• if we did not alreay break the touch barrier i would feel its weird. but if you guys are already in couddly hand holding mode then its fine.

my current crush right now. we haven't been on an official date yet but at school all day and at our after school activities we hang out and are always hanging on eachother and our faces are always like 4inches apart.. very close

What Guys Said 9

• I think it's better if you hug her instead :D, if you kiss someone on the cheek on the first date is not creepy if you're a girl, but if you're not it's creepy. And hence if you do it at the very beginning , then that's very creepy, it's like what's that for, you don't even know each other yet...

• Umm Its ok but Its really better to do that after

• tbh in my opinion, if you are hot then its okay.

• It's a bit forward, but in Hungary that's actually a normal way of greeting girls, so eh!

• Its not a good idea at all. It shows that the person don't have patience to control such type of things. If he is your friend then its okay because he might be waiting for that moment from very long.

• I choose "not weird if we are friends", but maybe "not weird/creepy at all" is good also.

• Dont do it

• I think it's okay to do as long as it's done casually like it's not a big deal, just do it like it's a natural thing to do and don't hesitate so it doesn't feel weird or awkward.

• If YOU did it, it would be creepy.