I have a hard time making a decision and sticking to it?

I have a very hard time making a decision and sticking to it. I can't decide which one to pick and stick to it, i hate regret and wasted time. For example i have been contemplating where to live for the past 4,5 months without making a decision and when i make one the next minute it changes. Maybe its because im not happy either way... what should i do?

What Guys Said 1

• I think it was Ben Franklin who's fairly well known for this sort of method, but I'm sure people were doing it before his time as well, it's not rocket science. What you do is, take a sheet of paper and a pen... Draw a line down the center, label the left hand side "Pros" and the right hand side "Cons", and then start writing all the pros and cons of the choice you're considering making. You could also take two choices (like where to move, for example), draw a horizontal line in the middle of the page, and write all the pros of moving to city A in the top left box, the pros to moving to city B in the top right, and then the cons to city A in the bottom left, cons to city B in the bottom right.
    Spend some time thinking it through, writing whatever comes to mind. Sleep on it for a day or two and add more if you think of any.
    Then compare your options based on the facts you have available, and make a choice.

Life's a bout risk and taking chances, eventually you have to make your choice, roll the dice, and see what happens. You're young, you can always change things later if it doesn't turn out how you want. If you're not sure about living in city A, try it out for a year and if you don't like it, you can move to city B.

Nothing in life is certain, just use the knowledge available to you and your gut/instincts to make the best choice possible at the time, and be willing to change your plan later on if you need to :-)

What Girls Said 0