What is the oldest and youngest it would be appropriate for me to date?

im 18 and asking this just out of curiousity - what is the oldest and youngest you think it would be appropriate for me to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever makes you happiest. The actual age doesn't matter, as long as it's not too way out. In the UK you could go 16 up to 26, 36. Too high, and it might raise a few eyebrows and get you some bad comments, but if you can handle that, the sky's the limit.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend & I started dating when I had just turned 18 & he had just turned 24, & we are completely happy. We've been together for a year now, and we've had no issues. He shows more maturity than a lot of the guys I've met, and he appreciates the small things. Complete sweetheart. It'd be different if you were a minor but you're an adult, and just a reminder that dating a minor is different. It can get tricky. for example I had a friend, my age, who was talking to a 16 year old girl and they were fine but the girl like lost her shit over the smallest thing and then her parents caused issues & threatened him that if he ever came around they'd call the police on him because he's an adult & she's not. So just be careful with that kinda stuff & good luck!

What Guys Said 18

• The funny thing about age differences is the older you get the less they matter. This is especially true when you are 18, as adult/minor laws are crazy. But as someone only slightly older, 21. I just successfully asked out a girl who is turning 26 in December. And you look at people over 65/70 and a 10-15 year gap isn't weird at all. My advice is date whomever makes you happy, and don't let anyone else ruin that for you.

• 1/2 your age +7

so the the youngest for you would be 16 (18/2= 9+7= 16) and the oldest would be 22 (18-7= 11x2= 22).

• 17-23 age range is acceptable in my opinion.

• Youngest? 16
    Oldest? None. Date as old as you want.

• 16-25 seems fine.

• 17-22 will be okay. If you will go beyond this then there can be the chances of different thoughts. His thoughts can be bit older then yours, as you have just turned to 18. And if you will go down from 17 in that case also there will be the problem of thoughts. He can be bit immature to manage the date.

• Best will be around your age up till +3 years : Oldest +5 years.

• Youngest: 17

• Youngest...16... Oldest...26----28 You dont know it now... but being more than 8-10 years apart... is just very hard to adjust to.

• Whatever you're comfortable with and your partner is comfortable with.

• I would say no younger than 18 and no older than 25. This I feel would be ideal for you.

• Why does it say you're 25-29 then?

• the youngest I have ever date was 16 at 26

• 23 is a good ceiling.

• In my opinion, 16-23.

• 18 to 20. some 17

• 16 and 40 as long as your comfortable with your choice that's all that matters

• It's just a number have fun and be safe

What Girls Said 10

• i would say, depending on laws in your state, like 16-21. any younger gets kind of creepy, any older and you're looking towards women at a completely different stage of their life than you - out of college, in the working world, etc. "actual" adults haha just my opinion of course.

• wow for some reason i TOTALLY thought a guy was asking. still stand by the ages though, just change women to men lol

• I think as long as you two are legal it doesn't matter what society thinks.

• There's a 3 year limit for those at the age of consent (the age depends on where you are) so 15 is the lowest you should go. As for older, it really doesn't matter since you're technically a legal adult.

• 17-22 maybe

• 18-24 age range.

• Honestly a normal 18year old has nothing to offer a man really over the age of 27 besides sex

• 16 and 22.

• 18-29 those r good ages i think

• You can't control who you fall in love with, I'd say someone who was even under 16 let's say 15, as long as they have the same mental state as you and I'd say oldest it doesn't matter, usually people around your own age are quite childish so generally people go for people who are older as they seem to want a more serious relationship

• Youngest: 18
    Oldest: 20