Guys, do u compliment other girls in front of ur gf?

My boyfriend sometimes compliments other girls in front of me, tho he makes it sound like a joke and he always says im the most beautiful girl but im still not comfortable with it.
One time we were in a bar, he kept complimenting on a girl that i got so pissed, i left him in the middle of the conversation. Then he apologized but he said i over-reacted. Did i?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the compliment. I would say she looks good or that she's pretty. If my girl gets offended by such simple and innocent words, she's clearly too immature and insecure for me to wanna be with her.
    I will never tell a girl she looks hot, sexy, gorgeous... in front of my girl, cause I know that can get taken out of context.

• when can't calling a girl hot sexy and gorgeous be taken out of context when you are in a relationship? that is never appropriate

• @schnipdip But it depends on your girlfriend too, some girls don't care if you say that cause it's just a compliment.
      My father has multiple times said certain girl is beautiful and my mother hasn't got mad, actually agreed. And the same when my mother says certain guy is handsome.
      It doesn't always mean you want something with that person.

• I think you can only do that after a very long time and there is a bond that can't be broken between you two.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are insecure and if the one you love shows interest in another woman she will most likely feel competitive or in competition with the woman. Its also disrespectful as you are on a date with your GIRLFRIEND so all you should be looking at is her. Boys DO NOT do it.

What Guys Said 17

• No you didn't overreact. I mean if I were together with a girl I would absolutely never compliment random girls. The only way I'd compliment another was if I knew that girl (a friend or relative) she had dressed finely or whatever. In that case why not compliment her on a job well done?

• Coz guys like looking at pretty girls, i guess it's just some keep it in mind when they see a hot girl, and others just wanna say it out loud

• I'll say that someone looks good, but that's it. I just don't think it's respectful of myself or my partner to say anything else.

If your boyfriend kept pushing the issue, then I don't think you overreacted.

• On accident, yes. I say stupid shit and never mean it in a sexual way. For example, if I notice a female co-worker is rocking a new hairdo, I'll say "Damn it looks really good! You really pull that off!". It's never meant as any more than to just uplift the co-worker, and there are ZERO feelings between either of us. My lady is quite understanding and doesn't feel threatened by it. I do it with everything, including dudes by the way. I like to compliment people.

• Never... thats disrespectful as fuck!

• That is one big mistake you should not do in a relationship with women.
    Jealousy is woman.
    Man in relationship
    Cannot compliment other girls
    Cannot watch porn
    Cannot check out other girls
    Cannot send smile to other girls.
    Cannot Kiss a random girl on back or her hand, or her forehead to thank her for her efforts
    Cannot have explicit pic of other girls in our phones.
    Cannot sit on your ass and enjoy a game.
    Cannot be that bad person or act like a perve.

• I never did just cause I don't give compliments much out of shyness and cause I didn't wanna deal with the drama that would of followed *rolls eyes* smh

• Only if I know her

• I do not complement anyone. Complements are for the weak.

• I don't think i would compliment other girls, while my girlfriend is right there with me, but everyone is different. It could be, that he teases you with this, or he really just compliments other girls, cause he is like that.
    You can ask him, why he is doing that, and talk about it with him, after that i think you'll be able to decide what to do.

• Yes and I check them out which is why women stay away from me, they know better than get into a relationship with a wannabe PLAYA.

• I honestly would. Like if they were friends of us, and I found something nice, I'd say it

• No, you have every right to be upset. I don't compliment a girl on something I haven't already said to my date. It becomes sort of an inside "joke"; I'd compliment the girl but I'd wink ;) at my date so she knows I like her more.

• Your boyfriend needs to learn to respect you more. It sounds like he has a big ego.

• Yes. Because she knows I'm just teasing her.

• Umm... fuck no?

• depend if my girlfriend is really!!! hot

• Does he do that sort of thing with everyone. If so, then he's just a generous, sociable guy who tries to make people feel good about themselves.

If he's ONLY choosing to say nice things to pretty girls, then it's a problem (and I'll be honest, there's a chance that that is the only thing YOU would notice -- confirmation bias).

So are you overreacting? Possibly, possibly not.

• Have you tried sitting down with him and explaining this to him?

• Yea after i left, we talked and i said it was disrespectful, he said he was joking and that i overreacted. I guess its bcoz i was ok when he did it at first. But this time, he kept complimenting on that girl non stop, something like "she has nice legs", then i said "she's ok, I've seen better", then he kept going "look, other guys are surrounding that hot girl", i kept silent, and lastly he said, "now she's playing with the tree" then i got pissed and left

• Yeah, he's definitely gone too far IMHO. There's nothing wrong with an occasional, discrete compliment, but not the way he went on.

What Girls Said 9

• That's disrespectful. You were not overreacting.
    Just talk to him clearly. You don't like his attitude.

• He's clearly out of line if he kept mentioning how great she looked. You didn't overreact.
    It's only overreaction, if you flip out when you two run into his female friend who clearly made the effort to look good for the night and he wanted to be nice by acknowledging it verbally once.

• I wouldn't unless we both agreed it was okay!

• Me and my ex used to comment other people all the time. I once called him from a train to tell him i saw a girl with awesome butt xD
    it was just us, we knew we wouldn't cheat on each other, but i know most people dont like it. If he knows it bothers you he shouldn't do it.

• no way you didn't over react! if he's in a relationship with you, he shouldn't be complimenting other girls other than you.. thats how it works. I would be pissed to if my boyfriend did that. if i were you, talk to him about it and tell him how it makes you feel :)

• Your reaction was understandable. I would feel really bad if my boyfriend did that. I would feel bothered by all types of physical compliments and flirting done to other girls. He should make me feel like I'm his one and only.

• I know right? Good thing he doesn't flirt, other wise, i could never stand it

• I'd be upset too. That's disrespectful.

• I would straight up slap my boyfriend right there

• if he knows it makes you upset then he shouldn't keep doing it. end of the line. he want being respectfull of your feelings

• He stopped doing it but i know in the back of his mind he stills thinks im overreacted

• Thanks girl, i thought of it too. Actually when we talked after the incident, i asked him what if i compliment other guys in front of him, he said he'd be fine. Let's wait and see...

• exactly they tink they would be fine until the emotions suddenly flooded them