Girlfriend being taller than boyfriend?

so im a short dude at 5'6. i dont give a fuck about girls being taller than me, ill still hit on them or ask them out. i dont really care if people see us and our height differences were noticable. but guys ususally, say " but she's taller than you..." for any girl i may like or likes me. how do i combat this argument? i want them to acknowledge their ignorance. simply sayng, i dont care, doesn't do it for me. i need a better way of explaining.

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally agree - I am a tall woman and I have often liked shorter guys and I dont care if the guy is shorter than me. But yes I always got similar comments "oh you are going to have to find a tall guy because the guy can't be shorter" and "dont wear heels or you will be taller than your guy". Really, people will always think what they think and you usually can't change their minds. So dont bother explaining this to ignorant people - live your life and hit on whoever you want!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Next time someone says '... but she's taller than you.', just reply with 'so?'

Put them on the spot. It'll be amusing to see how they back up such an uncalled for remark. I'm a bit taller than my boyfriend and it irritates me to no end when people make such comments. One of my friends a while back actually replied by saying 'how will he protect you?' As if there are creepers lurking behind every corner. -_-

• Honestly I think people focus way too much on height. I don't really care about height at all. I never understood why some people are obsessed with the guy being taller than the girl.

Anyone who obsesses over height like that is shallow, you don't want to date those people anyway.

• If you are both physically & emotionally attracted to a girl, it shouldn't matter. People always have something to say, even when you don't ask for it; kinda just something you have to take with a grain of salt. If it's not their relationship, it's not their problem. It sounds like more of a preference thing, and you just need to remind your peers that not everyone has the same preference! (Obviously)

• You could try something like "I'd have to be a really wimpy guy to let a height difference control my relationships" or something like "maybe a girl being tall intimidates you.. but I'm perfectly comfortable with it."

• If you don't care and she doesn't care, then there is no problem at all

What Guys Said 9

• Why do you need to explain your preference or justify your attraction to tall women? I would tell your friends or any other guy that you like taller women. If they have a problem with that, then it's none of their business.

• I am a short man like you and I am attracted to taller women too. I have had people make comments about how tall women should only be with tall men, I just ignore them and chased after taller women anyway. Height is such a non-factor when it comes to finding that special someone and you would have to be a fool to right someone off for a characteristic that is not in their control.

• Tell the fuckers you don't need a chick with small hands to make your dick look bigger.

Piss on them. Date who you want.

• I you really don't care, you won't raise this question. Man smaller then a woman is unmanly, that's all.

• Generally and culturally speaking, the preference is set at the man being taller than the women, although there is nothing wrong with setting the standard's personally.

• In that case, all you need to reply is

"" So?""

• A man who needs a woman shorter than him to feel confident is insecure and pathetic.

• 5'7 she's been taller than me. It caused no problems.

• Say, "It doesn't matter." instead?
    Many actors are short too, and who cares really?