Why do people ridicule those who find people who don't fit the norm (by society's standards anyway) physically attractive?

For example, I know a girl who is physically attracted to short guys and she gets criticizing and laughed at by other girls all the time. Same thing with me. I find larger women irresistibly attractive and people laugh and ridicule me for it. Furthermore, why do people laugh at those people who don't fit society's idea of "attractive"? God forbid if I ever marry a larger girl, may I be stoned and sent straight to hell!

Most Helpful Guy

• Human selfish psychology at play. I guess the reason they're doing that is because ridiculing people who don't fit the norm is considered the norm. And if one person (you) goes out of line and actually just likes a person despite them not fitting that norm, these people will feel like you're calling them out on their bullshit. They don't want to feel like they're in the wrong (because they probably know that they are to an extent) so they ridicule you for stepping out of line.

What Girls Said 3

• yeah people are stupid the judge people to much. If larger the criticize them. But who r they to judge really.

• I think it's great when you think like that and not as shallow as the other people

• Ignore and talk to yours girls

What Guys Said 3

• Because they don't think like how we think. They are more of programmed-by-the-world type of people, while we are people who believe in equality and stuff like that I guess? :D

• Because it's hard for people to accept that we all have different views on beauty.

• I'll remember (of course AFTER I put it in) of who said it, but "people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind."

It's served me well