My boyfriend of four years said he would murder me if I ever cheated on him or left him, he's been to jail for attempted murder and I know?

I know I've never cheated on him but for my boyfriend to say that it scared me. I told my sister and she's trying to find a way to make him leave me (instead of the opposite)
what should I do? I feel like I'm stuck in this situation and I don't know how to fix it

Most Helpful Guy

• you should invent a time machine and never get involved with a man like this

Most Helpful Girl

• Massive red flag. Even if you never cheated and never plan on cheating, that's a very aggressive thing to say. Not good at all. What if he gets paranoid and starts assuming things that aren't true? Your life could be in serious danger. Leave before you get hurt.

What Guys Said 22

• Get a restraining order. It should be easy as hell to get one if he's been charged for attempted murder.

and a gun.

• This day on age everyone thinks guns are icky or something, but seriously: that's your best chance... and a concealed carry permit

• I think you leave but mail your sister a letter first with what he said and that you're afraid and leaving. I"m guessing he won't want to go back to jail.

• Leave, even if you can't pack; leave/ This shit only gets worse, never better.

• Is he on probation now?

• Clearly this is not the first red flag, so I have to ask why you are even in this situation to begin with.

• Well slowly, very slowly avoid him and cut him off completely. Its not because he is going to kill you or its not because you are going to cheat on him but because people like that don't know how to control their temper.. You will suffer in the long term. Or make him control his temper!

• Consider the possibility that a woman with a chip on her shoulder could campaign to have you killed by your boyfriend by convincing him that you fucked around.

Does your boyfriend have a sense of justice and fairness? Or will he go off the fucking handle at the first word?

• You need to leave without him knowing to a place where he cannot find you

• It's time to move on, pack the train, and then climb on top of it, because you need to get the hell out of this relationship, and fast, go far, and go fast.

• It's best if you leave him. Chances are he's likely to kill you, even if you've never cheated on him. All it may take is a false hunch of him thinking you did.

• Tell the cops, tell him you told the cops (so that he'll know he's the first person they'll investigate), move away, buy a gun, and learn how to use it

• Dont see any other guy stick it out

• Leave, You need to leave. Call someone get a restraining order.
    Side note, the lyrics to you are my sunshine include this
    But if you leave me to love another,
    You'll regret it all one day

• I would say tell the cops but don't let him know u told the cops

• I think he's just trying to make a point but I'd still leave though if i were you; it's not a cool thing to joke about

• and MY JOKES are bad? this guy's a total; psycho!

• Leave really quick.

• i would tell my ex girlfriend i'd beat her ass.. then drive myself to the police station.

• Lol, well don't cheat on him then

• I've never cheated on him it's not something to laugh about

• I love how you automatically assume that, you don't know how wrong you are I posted this for advice it's not my fault you can't comprehend my situation

• @Asker Why did you stay with him for 4 years then?

• Do you WANT to leave him?

• Go to a woman's help center

• Why would you date a guy who attempted to murder someone in the first place?
    You are in a place now where there is likely no way of you getting out without damage.

What Girls Said 13

• Oh shit. That is a Very serious matter. Your sister is doing the right thing. You can just record what he said ( tell him to say it again ) and give the evidence to the cops. Or if you don't want to do that take help from your VERY close friends and maybe make him interested in other girls. You cannot take the chance of getting yourself killed by leaving him. BEST OF LUCK DEAR.

• Run away, as fast as you can. Change your number, move in with a friend or relative... just get the fuck away from this person as soon as you possibly can.

• hmmm... I think you she report it to the cops tht you been threatin and leave that guy. Men like that are so insecure!

• that sounds like a toxic relationship. guys should never ever make threats to you like that even if they are joking, it is bad if they don't already have a record for an attempted murder. you need to get help to get out because you deserve better

• Many women have been murdered by their violent boyfriends/husbands. Just because these things are on the news doesn't mean it will never happen to you - situations like these are real. I would contact police or social services. Find a place to stay where you know you are 100% safe.

• Get out if there ASAP! Seriously, this guy sounds a bit unstable. I wish you the best.

• Call the cops but don't let him know that. If he doesn't get sent to jail. Move ASAP. Don't let him know where you are going either. Pray about it.

• Well first off call the police. If there is anywhere you can stay that he won't find you then do that, but if call the police they will probably handle it

• Go to the police and get a restraining order.

• Wow Girl that's hard! Im so sorry that your in this situation.

• holy shit 0_0 an idea also would be recording him saying this

• don't cheat on him but leave him he can't threaten you like that.

• 😐 leave him. Maybe get fat & unattractive?