Would You Let Your Daughter Date a Senior?

I have a friend who is in the 8th grade and her family knows a guy that they are really close to. So about a week ago I found out that he was a senior and she was dating a senior. So, I talked to her and everything and I asked why in the hell is she dating a senior when he can go to jail for that? And She said, " My family knows him really well, I helped out with a lot of problems and stressful situations. I deserve this." I said, "But do you not understand that he's a 12th grader and once you make to high school, he'll be leaving out for college." She said, " Yeah and hopefully hen doesn't break up with me." So I really can't do much about this because her parents are letting him date her but I think it's wrong because even if I did help him out with stressful situations and I felt like I deserved that type of love from a family friend, my mom would go upside my head with a wooden spoon because I know better than that. I think her parents should step up a little more. And she thinks it's cool.

• I would let her date him
  • I wouldn't let her date him
Whoever picked she could date him.. who guys are stupid! And really shouldn't be parents.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• It doesn't matter what anyone else would do. Her parents are allowing it, she will probably get hurt when he leaves (as you anticipate,) and she will not listen to anyone else in the meanwhile, so. . . be waiting on the sidelines ready to console her when the inevitable happens.

• My daughters weren't allowed to date period until they were in the eleventh grade - and even though only for a homecoming dance or the prom.

• A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared belief's, the greater your beliefs, the better the relationship.

continue an effort into finding people who share the way you see the world, and who would want to share the world with you.

Anything else is futile waste of effort, in the context of general relationship's, especially romantic one's.

• If he wasn't 18, I'd let her do it as a lesson in tough love. I would let her learn the hard way that they are in two completely different places in life. Of course I would be extremely vigilant though. The guy dating her would fear me.

• if i knew him well and his parents id let them date.

• No. Teens should really only date within one year of their age. I might be willing to make a mental exception for an 18 year old and a 16 year old or a 19 year old and a 17 year old.

• A senior citizen?
    Lmao.
    My GRAMPA can still get it up? Hokie

• your 19... would you date a 8th grade?

• If she was super horny and wet , gave bjs like it was the last one on earth then hell yeah I would.
      Oh and she was cute with this so innocent look then hell yea !
      Behind closed doors she couldn't get enough , then yup I would.
      Even if we had to be secretive and had to sneak around and breed like rabbits.

• 8th grader and a 12th grader? No way!!!

• I'm not familiar with the US school system, hom many years difference is that?

• My little princess is my little princess for life. I would most definitely kick his ass.

• I'd be pissed and probably murder the little punk if he hurt her, but yes, if she's 16+ I'm not going to police her dating choices if she's capable of making choices on her own. I mean, would this be a problem if it was a son? The answer is no because we assume boys know what they're getting into, and even encourage it (short of pregnancy) because playing the field is seen as a positive in guys. I wouldn't want to have any double standards, so if I didn't let my daughter date, I wouldn't let my son either, and if I let my son make his own choices, I'd let my daughter do the same.

• I would think he is trying to take advantage of a younger girl, I wouldn't allow it

What Girls Said 14

• No, she's still a kid while he's probably already 18 (an adult). He can also get in trouble for dating a minor.
    I would be wondering why can't he date girls his age.

• I mean was he that thirsty for a girlfriend

• well i have a friend that was in an aragment like this. the parents were really good friends and their kids dated though he was older. i think they started dating when he was 20 and she was 16 but they eventually got married so i dont see this as a big deal when the families are involved. its not like this is some random guy

• @dudeman but he's 18 no telling what he wants for her

• hell no. That is a sin really.

• No, personally that's too much of an age gap and maturity. I don't know any senior person that has the same mindset as a 13-14 year old

• I wouldn't let her date him

• At that age, its a big difference. Honestly my dad would be PISSED at that guy because high school seniors who have no problem hanging out with or dating middle schoolers are pedophiles. But she is young and stupid in love. Just don't let her do anything stupid.

• Hell no! A girl that age is not even close to being ready to date a guy that age. And there's a 99% chance he's only interested in one thing.

• She's like what, 14? And he's probably 18?

No way man

• 8th grade? Fuck no.

• Are you the mum? Obviously he will break up with her because of college life.

• wayyyyy to young. she's still a child. maybe if she was a sophomore.

• I think she shouldn't who knows what he wants her for

• That age difference isn't terrible, once you're both adults. Or once the younger one is at least a Junior or Senior in highschool. I wouldn't allow dating until they were to start highschool anyway.

• She won't be dating anyone till she reaches 18.

Though I know she might try to be sneaky

• A girl in 8th grade shouldn't be with an adult, in my opinion. Though it isn't your day nor is there anything you can do in this situation.