What's the biggest mistake you've made on a date?

My biggest mistake was I took this girl to a restaurant a female friend recomended without me doing any research on the said restaurant. All my friend said was "you should take her to x, they make really good steak" so I was just like yea why not. I took my date there (our 3rd date) and this place was FANCY AS FUCK and expensive. The food was incredible and the girl was completely swept off her feet and was even getting teared eyed and told me this was by far the nicest place any guy has ever taken her including her ex boyfriend of 2 years), obviously I couldn't ask her to pay for anything since that wouldn't be fair at all and I didn't want to ruin the night for her. I ended up spending $250 on just the two of us.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being too naive. I made the mistake of thinking that being asked to come over, watch a movie and hang out, was really about watching a movie and hanging out. Instead, the guy's not even interested in the movie and almost as soon as it starts is trying to touch me and make out with me. That was awkward. You would think he'd get that I wasn't into it from the way I shied away from him and asked if we can just watch the movie, but nope, he was persistent. So I had to hastily remember I forgot to feed my dog or something, can't even remember what excuse I used.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the biggest mistake I've made is not letting my purpose known early on. I didn't tell her it was a date and instead she took it as a very casual and friendly thing. It really just felt like two buddies hanging out. I gotta get better at making my intent known early on.

What Girls Said 16

• That's your biggest mistake? You are lucky. You had a great meal and your date will judge all dates by that as long as she lives.

• The biggest mistake I made on a date was agreeing to one with a player. He left me for a crowd of girls like 20 minutes into it.

And it sounds like you got blind sided! At least the date itself hopefully turned out well!

• Wow, what a complete dick, at least you didn't spend anymore time with him. Yea I was completely blind sided, my friend made it sound like it was your run of the mill steakhouse... not one that the waiters pull the chairs out for you and put a napkin on your lap. The date went great and I'm glad I made her that happy :), we're still dating and although we haven't had "the talk" she's pretty much my girlfriend now.

• I really am having an issue reading this was your WORST mistake on a date. Especially reading this follow up.

• @SarahsSummer It was a huge mistake though, even if it turned out well. Do you know how shocking it was for me going there and seeing that place then opening the menu... I was just saying fuuuuck the first 5min in my head, I also wasn't that sure about this girl yet, and really didn't know if I wanted something serious or not so I could have given her the wrong signal.

• The biggest mistake I have ever made on a date was staying and pretending to have a good time when the night was going awful. Mind you, you don't have to be a dick, but if someone is treating you like shit on a date, you're not doing anybody a service by pretending you're having a good time. It leads him on, wastes your time and is overall b/s. If it were me now, I would have just gotten up, told him he was being rude, and left.

• That sounds awful :(! What was he doing that made him so rude?

• He was honestly just acting like a complete asshole to me. All he cared to talk about was himself and the trials in his life (the conversation was all about how unfair the world was to him) and any time I got a word in, he would seem super uninterested or turn the convo back to him. Also, he invited me out for coffee... I am an advocate for either going Dutch or paying for myself, but he offered to pay originally. But when we were called up, he turned away from the cashier and ignored her until I paid. If he needed me to pay, he could have just asked. -.-

• Never have but I would make the mistake of not caring how I eat infront of him!

• I don't know that I've made any crazy mistakes but I've had some embarrassing stuff happen.

• By the way although thats a chunk of money it sounds like she was absolutely grateful and completely blown away. Stuff like that on a rare occasion make such a wonderful impression and often make someone feel amazingly special. She'll always remember that date. You made a girl very happy and probably restored some of her hope and self confidence :)

• What? What a fucking dick! Seriously who just ditches their date like that in their time of need. Even if the date is not going well you take care of that person when she/he needs you. Sorry about that, that guy was a plain jackass. At least he didn't waste any more of your time.

• Now that its more than a year later I'm glad he left because if not it would have taken a whole lot more time for me to figure out his character.

• Clumpy deodorant. I went for a run and showered at my gym. It was fine when I left the gym. The guy was acting really weird and I could tell he wasn't listening to me. Only when I got back to my car did I realize my mistake. 😓

• Being on my period XD not my fault but hey... It killed the mood lol

The worst is that it was the first date with my crush lol he wanted to grab my ass and guess what? I WAS ON MU FUCKING PERIOD lol

Fuck my life XD

My period gives me lots of problems constantly

• HAHA that sucks for yo. Did you at least get lucky?

I went on what I guess was a date but I thought the guy just wanted to be friends so I talked about another guy all night... to be fair I was like 15 and it was my first "date"... we are still friends!

• How could it be a mistake? You made her completely happy, and she's now your unofficial girlfriend. Best money ever spent.

• I am yet to make mistakes 😛

• I was listening to my ipod and got lost in my music and started rapping unconsciously, in Chinese, in public. He ditched me after that

• The bigger problem I see here is why you start listening to music during a date?

• Okay so my dad owns a club 21 and over. And since I'm under 21 and a lot of my friends and ex bfs are under 21 as well I sometimes convince my dad to let us sneak in. So this really hot guy asked me out and asked if I could get us into the club and I was like yeah sure why not. So as soon as we got in he left me to go have sex with a slut in the bathroom. He took my debit card too. Never saw him again.

• damn... I hope she put out for you!

• Hahaha she put out for me on the first date. I didn't do it to get laid (even at a regular steakhouse I would have spend around $100), I was getting laid even if we went to mcdonald's.

• going on a date with an extremly horny guy who pretty much forced me to make out with him and he ended up being really bad at it LOL !

• He was so horny bc he didn't have any practice and hence why he was bad... it makes a lot of sense haha. Did you continue seeing him?

• i wish it was because of that but he had gfs before and all... some people just suck lmaoo!
      and nop ooh god no no no !!

• I accidentally farted because I was laughing so hard. Unfortunately it was kinda loud and there was a definite aroma! I nearly died. He kinda laughed if off but I could tell he was embarrassed by it and so was I.

• Lol, oh man.
    :D

Thank you for sharing. I will keep in mind to do the research first.

• Haha glad you like it. What's yours?

• 😊 I don't have any stories.

What Guys Said 11

• It sounds like you did the stand up thing with this girl. I hope it paid dividends for you.

• Did you get laid that night?

• I didn't let her know explicitly that it was a date :(

• Not kissing sombody on the first date I was waiting for the "right" time. what a fuckin moron I was.

• Damn that's bad but I learned when kissing on the first date don't use tongue 😳

• Eh I think you're fine, most girls would just find that funny. My friend betrayed me haha, no warning or anything about how fancy and expensive that place was.

• At least your date appreciated it

• Yea but my wallet definitely didn't haha

• Teary eyed over the place? :( $250 :( at least she had a good time.

• It wasn't just the place, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. She told me that no guy has ever treated her as kindly as I have or taken her to better dates and that I'm by far the best guy she's ever dated. I asked her what type of guys she's dated and she said dickheads lol, then she said I'm such a sweet and caring guy and that she really likes me and she's really glad we met (that's when she got teary eyed). So yea, after that happened there was no way I could have been like "hey I had no idea this place was this fancy and this pricey, mind if you chip in?". We're still dating and things are going very very well so it's not too big of a deal.

• Nvm there's no problem just a curious question I see.

• That was our 4th date and yea I did tell her that I didn't know it was that fancy, but I was glad it was because we both had such a wonderful time (which is true, it was my favorite date of all time).

• Damn!!! 😨 Change it to the game tho, it happens sometimes. lol I took a girl (an x I was with a month or so) to the fair thinking I'd spend 60-70 bucks and have a great time. 😑 This damn girl wanted to play every game, and take pictures in every booth... and let's not talk about the food! She would've ate one of EVERYTHING if i didn't run outta money. Ended up spending like $150 total.

• Started dancing.

• I forgot her name and asked for anal. Now we're dating :/

• What was the misteak? 250 isn't that much... and you made the girls night. I don't see the issue.

Maybe you learned a lesson, to do your research and stay within your budget.

• It's a lot for me considering I'm still a full time student living off student loans. Yea that's what I learned, ALWAYS do your research first.

• at least you had enough money to pay for it, imagine if you only had $100!