What do guys think of girls who date older guys?

I have always dated guys older than me, I just seem to prefer men that way. I'm quite mature for my age and have always found the conversation a lot more satisfying with older men, as well as them being more experienced with dating and women.

Despite this, I still want to be friendly with people my age but it seems I get looked down upon for my choice in men and I'm not sure why this is. I don't want to say it is jealousy and sound arrogant but this is a possibility, anyone care to shead some light?

To clarify, I'm talking between 2-4 years older. I have been with older than that before, but that was a one off.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll think it's great when I'm an older guy and I get some fresh young piece of ass, if you don't think that's how they see it then you're deluded.

• Thanks for mho!

What Guys Said 15

• How much older, is the question.
    At your age there's probably not very much room... So much changes from 18-23, and even 17-18 is a different place (more concerned with graduating HS and getting in to college or starting a career), not to mention the legal aspect of it. So if you're dating guys a year or two older, that's probably about normal. Not sure why you'd be looked down upon by people your age, unless it's that they feel uncomfortable around these "older" people, or they like you and are jealous that you're with another guy that's older (which makes it that much harder for them to win you over in their eyes)

If these guys you're dating are 18+, then I think they're probably justified in looking down at the relationship and your choice in men. If you're messing around with guys in college (or older, who knows), you may FEEL like you're at their level of maturity, but you really aren't. Guys at that age are most likely looking for something different from the relationship than you are and you may end up getting hurt.

That's just my take on the matter though...

• mein-fun.com/.../...ey_stinson_-_thumbs_up_gif.gif

I think they are lovely. My wife is one of them. We are 5 years apart.

• You overestimate yourself, not likely to be any more mature then guys of your age, and most of the time dating an older guy comes out of dependents and not out of strength, in the end it's mainly the older guys who profiting far more from it, it's very likely that people your age thinks that you are too full of yourself, and try to prove something by never dating guys your age.

• I may not be very approving of it now, but I'll be thankful for it when I'm in my 30s and women in their late teens and early twenties still wanna date me.

• You're 16 so unless that is the age of consent where you live you shouldn't be dating men who are 18-20

• Also you're probably fooling yourself if you think you're more mature than most people your age. I've heard that a lot from young women and few of them really are.

• @tyber1 glad to hear that, too many girls try to prove that they are mature by dating older guy, which ironically is immature, and the older guy using the young girls arrogance and willingness to prove how "mature" they are, by making the naive girls giving them to do to them sexual things.

• I don't think the older guy is always gonna be just using her but it can and does happen. It says more about the girl than the guy, the guy benefits from having a younger girl and what guy doesn't want that?

• I wouldn't care, though I'm not in your age group anyways.

I wouldn't say jealousy so much as lack of understanding. Many people don't believe a proper relationship can exist with too much of an age gap.

• how old? i'd question any guy over 23 who's willing to date a 16 year old.

(and that's pushing it)

• There's nothing wrong with dating older guy but your right there will be people that will look down on you for doing so and they will say that the guy is taking advantage of you

• nothing wrong with that and 2-4 years older is for a girl completely normal and nothing uncommon

• Doesn't really matter

• Nothing. You can be friends/date anyone who you want to. Why do you worry about what others think?

• "What do guys think of girls who date older guys?"

Absolutely nothing.

• How older are these men you date?

• Same way I see myself dating 17-19 year olds. ( I am 15 ). No problem with it though yet to find someone.

• we like it i date younger girls more then my age or older

What Girls Said 4

• I saw your xper level is low so I'm guessing your new.

Welcome to gag! Just a warning there is a lot of creeps on here they track people back down to there FB and harass them and save their pictures. Also guys take advantage of girls so since they are older they know how to manipulate better. Over all I don't think there is anything wrong to it. I would date a older guy.

• its pretty common.. no worries

• It depends how old you're talking. I don't think it's jealousy, it's just that a lot of people have the idea that men who date younger women do it for the wrong reasons, which is true in many cases.

• I'm not a guy, I just wanted to say I also kind of go for guys older than me. They're usually only 2-3 MAYBE 4 years older though, which isn't a terribly large age difference.
    I don't really think it's a big deal, but if the age difference is a big deal, it's better when both of you are out of high school.