When should someone say I love you in a relationship?

• after 1 month
  • after 5 month
  • 1 year
  • 1 year+
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• I say it when I feel it. If it's too soon for them to hear it, then that's their problem.

"If you love someone — there is no possible harm in saying so — only you must remember that some people are very shy and sometimes the saying must take that shyness into consideration.

Girls have a way of knowing or feeling what you feel, but they usually like to hear it also.

It sometimes happens that what you feel is not returned for one reason or another — but that does not make your feeling less valuable and good."

-Steinbeck in a letter to his love-stricken son

• There is not time limit. Say it when you feel it, but realize that the person you say it too may not be ready to say it back.

• there's no time frame.. you can't put a number on it, you'll know when its time and you'll just say it. Don't over think this just let it flow and let it go!

• You say "I love you" when you feel it. Of course, when you are young, you may not know you are feeling it until it's taken away from you.

• There is no time limit on this, if you set parameters you intrinsically will fail because you are unable to be true to yourself.

• It depends on how they truly feel about the person. I would probably say after a month or two could be good.

• Whenever she feels like it. Even after the first date is fine if you've known each other for some time beforehand.

• Never, ever, ever. Unless they have watched netflix together first.

• Wow ! That's tough. I'd say whenever the time seems right. I don't
    know that there is a set in stone answer for this.

• when y'all love eachother maybe?

• Its a feeling not a time.

• Other: Never.

• Depends. One girl it was my first words I ever told her. Another it took over a year.

• When they feel like they would die for you

• E - when they mean it.

What Girls Said 19

• I voted 'other' because there's no time limit on this sort of thing. Those 3 words should only be said when the person truly feels it. Saying it just to say it takes away from the meaning and makes it less genuine. A person should only say "I love you" when they really feel that way, however long that may be into the relationship. It will vary depending on the person.

• There isn't a time limit. You should say it when you know that it's true - though I would warn against doing it too early in because it might unsettle the other person. I would also recommend not getting your hopes up because the other person may just not be ready to say it back.

• You should say 'I love you' when you feel it. If love was a caged bird wouldn't you set it free? Time should not be an object to confess your emotions upon. Would you say 'I love you' if there was an empty cage and nothing else? The words will flow out naturally when the time is right. ;)

• I think it's whenever you feel like it, it can't be timed. All though looking back I've said it 3 times in 3 relationships and they were usually 5-6 months into it. My current one I said it after he did, but I felt it about 2 months prior.

• Whenever they are comfortable.

For my boyfriend it was before we started dating (we had known each other a few months). For me it was longer. Probably about 2 months after dating I said it.

• When ever your ready!

• Doesn't matter, say it when you legit feel it and mean it. Don't be discouraged if the other person doesn't reply back the same immediately though.

• Whenever they feel love lol, knowing myself it would probably take me a month or so... But I never had a boyfriend so this is just some speculation.

• I want the guy to say it first to me.

• You say "I love you" when you feel love for a person and you are ready to say it. There isn't really a timeframe for that. It depends on the person.

• You can't put a time limit on love. You do it when you feel like u have those feelings towards that person. And if they're the right one they'll feel the same way about way

• when they are sure that what they are feeling is love

tell them whenever u know u are in love with them

• When they feel it, in my opinion.

• Within 5 minutes of knowing eachother, you know just to get that shit out of the way.

• Whenever they fall in love and feel the other person is ready for it.

• When you feel it.

• about 2-3 months in. 1 month at the least

• Probably when you feel it 😊

• Whenever he or she feels it and has the courage to admit it