Girls, should I keep quiet about having a crush on one of my work colleagues?

Basically there's this girl that I have gradually been getting more into in my work, but as I dont want to scare her off and also to spare my own personal feelings of heartbreak, I've kept it quiet so no one knows who it is.. but I see her chatting to one of the other lads and I get all jealous but dont want to show it.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes don't do that at work!

What Girls Said 6

• 1) Rejection happens. What are you going to do: refrain from asking any other woman out? The worst that can happen is that she says she's not interested and then you seek another woman. No biggie.

2) I think you should ask her out for coffee or lunch. You might have competition and I would highly suggest NOT befriending this woman before asking her out (if she considers you a good friend, you might get friend zoned). So I would do it as soon as possible.

3) What have you got to lose asking her out? Nothing. So do it.

• Don't tell everyone at work if that's what you mean, its important to look at your company work policy, is she worth transferring to a different job location for? Some jobs require you to transfer if you date someone. And if she likes you, its better to offer to meet outside of work.

• Honey, you gotta bag your girl. You have to talk to her as much as possible; make a girl laugh, and there you have those extra brownie points! Personally I have to get to know the guy before I want to date him. If you go for it without getting close to her, it could definitely scare her away. Find out what she likes, what makes her laugh, what grinds her gears- then go for it:)

• I would keep quiet about it, i never mix business and pleasure.

• I would, if I were you, be really honest and ask yourself - do you think she could like you too.
    If you believe she does like you, and if you know she's single, go for it. Ask her out for a drink or something.
    But if you don't think she likes you, if you have any doubts (does she seem really into the other guy (?)), I would hold off saying something, at least for now.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with dating a colleague, as long as it doesn't effect your work

• Don't go and flat out tell her because that might leave her in an awkward position if she didn't expect it, and it might leave you hurt. Instead try to talk to her, do it gradually and try subtle flirting to see how she reacts. Also look at her cues because you can usually tell if she's into you. If your making a joke don't assume laughing is flirting. See if she pays attention to you or looks at you. Giving her attention might cue her in that your interested. Otherwise she might be completely clueless. Also, do you stare at her? Allow her to catch your glance and see how she reacts