What is your opinion about age gaps?

So here's the thing! I like older men! It's not that I don't like guys my age just all the guys I've been attracted to is like 20+ years older then me. Like then guy I like now. I'm 21 and he's 45. Is that too weird? I mean i know society will probably looked down on it. But, does it really matter about age?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think once you get past the point where it is legal, then age gaps don't matter much. It has to do with the interaction between the two people, and if that works, then it doesn't matter. Yeah, there are going to be people who judge it, but that is with every couple, not just those with big age gaps

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 20+ years is a bit much but that's just my opinion. If you like older men, you like older men. It's your personal preference. My boyfriend is 7 years older than I am. Although the age gap didn't necessarily cause any issues in our relationship, there are some cons about it too. For example, we have very different opinions about music, humour and whatnot. He likes all the oldschool stuff while I'm the opposite - it makes us relate to things in a lesser degree.

What Guys Said 17

• It depends. My sister married a guy 15 years older than her. It was a bit weird at first but they're really perfect for each other and nobody really pays attention to their age gap anymore. There are still the odd negative comments here and there but I don't think it's unusual

• It doesn't. Love matters. Age doesn't.

• 10-15% up or down are OK in my opinion.
    Anther rule of the thumb: Age of oldest/2 +7

In 20yrs you'll be 41, still young, he'll be 65

You're adult, you decide.
    But your teen children will have an old dad.

• I don't buy it, someone who can be your father is more attractive? people don't get better with age, the opposite is true, so you are the one who compromising, not the older man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXx8cyBx1y4

• 20 years is big gap at your age, and I say that as an older man. 10 years is a lot at your age, if you're really 18-24. If you were 30ish, it wouldn't be such a big difference, but at 18, you haven't had many experiences yet, and you should be sharing them with someone for whom they are not old hat.

• well I'm 21. I know that 20 years is a big gap. But, I have always found myself to be attracted to older men for some reason... I'm not attracted to guys my own age.

• I date in your age range. I think it's fine

• Age gaps only matter if either person makes them matter. Having said that, when the gap is large enough they could be the other's parent it gets weird.

• This is true... I could I guess in age be "my father" but, he's younger then my dad! I wouldn't want to date a guy who was my fathers age or older.

• You're reaching up higher than I was reaching down. Liked a girl 13 years younger than me.

• That's too much of an age gap for me and I saw a woman that age walking around with a man old enough to be her Father, I'd assume she has some kind of mental health problem.

• As long as they r not under 18 I am cool

• as long as both people are of legal age I don't see a problem with it

• I love women that are 21 so is all good

• Yeah, he is a weirdo. Do NOT date that dude... Ever. Ok, girl?

• I am 39 and the last girl I dated was 21. No one seemed to care.

• She probably got a ton of flack for it though. Not criticizing at all because I really don't care about age differences if something works. I can guarantee that many of her friends and family disapproved. That's just the way it is.

• @tiredoftrying yeah! I agree with you! I know that no one probably seemed to care. But, I know that my family would have a problem with it... that doesn't change about how I feel about this guy. But, unjust know they would have a problem if it went anywhere.

• sure, if you like being a sex toy and a free nurse.

• I don't know how this guy would be. But, some guys actually respect women... believe it or not.

• Oh why would he want to date me? I don't know...🙁 I've been trying to get answers for sometime now. 🙁

• Because you're inexperienced and gullible. If you're doing this thinking older men are more mature... my dad is 65 with the maturity of a teenager.

• it's really your choice. can't judge other people's life.
    But in my opinion, you should date someone closer to your age. Besides, that man is old enough to be your father. And your kids will have a very old dad.

• Well your an adult like me and as long as your not with a minor there is no reason to look down on it. So it does not really matter that much, just ignore the stares really as those people are probably jealous!

What I don't find acceptable is 24 year olds dating 15-16 year olds and that sort of stuff.

• Not sure what matters least to me... thigh gaps or age gaps.

What Girls Said 4

• If the relationship is consensual and legal, then I have no place to judge. It's none of my business; the heart wants what it wants.

I would personally never consider dating someone that old, though. Aside from not being attracted to guys who are that much older than me, what could I possibly have in common with them? Also, I don't want to be a widow at like 50-60.

Large age gaps become less weird after a certain age, like 30 or 40, when both partners actually have life experience and all that.

• I don't think that age gaps are that big of a deal... my boyfriend and I are 12 years apart.

But you have to put into consideration... when you're 41 he will be 65.

I think you should think about how you feel about that, and then go on with that decision... its your life and no one is going to tell you how to live it.

• I don't understand them to be honest. I wouldn't want my husband to end up dying a whole 10- 25 years before I do. The idea just makes me sad.

• I don't see anything wrong with age gaps at all. But I'm not goona want to be dating a 40+ year old man when I 16