Girls do you believe that some guys literally are nice?

Again and again on here girls (and some guys) are ssaying that nice guys aren't actually nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I know many guys that are sweethearts and have a big heart. My husband is a great guy. I've also met assholes and charming assholes (fake good guys) but it's normally pretty easy to see the difference.
    My first boyfriend believed he was a good guy. He wanted to marry me and live together. He was always doing sweet romantic things. But over the months he cheated on me a lot. Never acted any differently when he'd be with me. He also lied about big things and sometimes the smallest stupidest thing. He was a bad guy. A bad boyfriend. He was fake, but he didn't think so. He truly believed he was a catch and that he would make a great husband one day. Pft. There are good and bad apples. Same if it were women.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a difference between being a nice guy and a "nice guy".

A guy who is a decent person and is genuinely a nice person is a nice guy.

But that's drowned out by the "niceguys" who are just douchebags mad that they can't get a girl. And by "girl" I mean a girl who is at least 8/10, because that's what they're really mad about. A "niceguy" is just a guy who plays the victim card but refuses to date anyone he doesn't deem as hot.

What Girls Said 15

• of course some guys r nice. the ones who say they aren't r just the ones who have lost hope.

• Yes, I do believe that some guys are genuinely nice. I just don't think the self-proclaimed "nice guys" are all that nice. A lot of people who are genuinely nice don't say they're nice. They just show it.

• As opposed to figuratively nice?

I don't know what you mean. Or what they mean.

Of course guys can be nice. But they're also only human. Everyone has situations where they might be driven to act a little not-nice once in a while. That doesn't mean they're not a nice person on the whole. It isn't black and white.

Being nice is not a gender issue.

• Girls do you believe that some guys literally are nice?
    Yes as I have met a lot of nice bisexual, homosexual, and transgender guys.

I do not believe hetero cisgender guys are literally nice to non relative gals unless it is to get sex be it from her, her wingwomaning, her friends, her family. I find at best guys can be decent human beings they just lack the capacity to be decent to gals.

• Not one hetero cisgender guy can simply be a genuinely nice person to women? It seems a little too far fetched to me.

• An elephant might not call itself an elephant, but just like an elephant, your qualities makes it difficult for us to NOT see you for what your are, you dig?

• Bookwik
      LMFAO @ your elephant analogy failure.

Your seeming logic leap is me not finding guys genuinely nice without a sexual agenda is 'qualities' that make me a
      feminist social justice warrior on tumblr.

It seems more like you are butthurt. Dislike that some gals may have this belief so instead you have a stereotype to ignore their belief as nonsense.

Do tell what qualities I have shown that state I am a feminist social justice warrior on tumblr?

• They can be literally nice guys. I do believe that.

• No its kinda of odd! I feel like they are hiding something!

• I met someone recently who is genuinely nice. He was kind and sweet and openly admitted he was not macho. I liked that about him. But then he was very cold in texts, which was weird because in person he was showing me a lot of interest. Now I am wondering if he really was nice or not.

• Nice guys can be nice. But doesn't make them good people.

• My boyfriend is genuinely nice.

• of course i believe there are guys who are actually nice? it's just that most of the guys who've identified themselves as "Nice Guys"(TM)

• — "of course i believe there are guys who are actually nice?"

How is that a question?

"it's just that most of the guys who've identified themselves as "Nice Guys"(TM)"

— Is that the end of the opinion?

• @93stepsawayfromhome the question was :"do you believe some guys are actually nice" and i answered it

• Sometimes that is true, yes. Some guys though are truly very nice people.

• What do nice guys want?
    Sex.
    What do bad guys want?
    Sex.
    So...
    Nice guys=bad guys= same.

• The same in what they want, perhaps, but that doesn't mean they'll act the same.

• What do women want?
      Money
      What do gold diggers want?
      Money
      So...
      Women= gold diggers = same

Using something like sex, which is pursued by generally everyone who isn't asexual as the defining thing which turns people bad makes you look REALLY ignorant. But then again, you're still 17, you'll learn eventually.

• I should stop tagging you but @CourtJester is really nice.

• Barely ever

• Of course guys can be nice! :) just like some can be mean.

What Guys Said 13

• Some guys are nice people and some are not. Same applies to girls. However, I do see some bitter female misandrists have answered here, well they are pathetic, immature and such a turn off to men.

• I'm sure they understand that some are and some aren't. To be fair, an awful lot of guys like to play the innocent nice guy, right up until a girl rejects them, and then they turn into immature, bitchy little arseholes, and treat her like shit.
    I really wouldn't take "nice" as much of a compliment anyway. Girls date guys who they think are wonderful, amazing, incredible, etc - not "nice".

• They're referring to guys who refer to themselves as nice guys. I volunteer, hold the door open for complete strangers (be they men or women) and just try to be polite and nice to everyone I interact with and help them if I can. But I don't call myself a nice guy because honestly me saying I'm a nice guy doesn't amount to jack shit.

• Do girls really believe guys are never nice? I mean, seriously, honestly?

You have to know some guys that are nice. I mean, even if you don't date them, for whatever reason.

You've read some of the questions here from guys. Are they any different from those of girls? They're really not.

• Yes, some guys are genuinely nice, it's true why is that so hard to believe?

• Non-womanizer guys are almost always "nice", but girl should know that some guys pretend too be nice, so if they get to know guy that is too nice, they should be suspicious, and also, good is not always nice, that is something that also should be taken into count.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotNice

• I have girls tell me all the time that I'm the "nicest guy ever." I personally think I'm an ass sometimes, but I guess It goes a lot farther than saying things. Apparently you can say the harshest things in the world as long as you show physically that you care, and as long as you're not saying those things to hurt feelings but help them with their issues or lack of knowledge or understanding. If you seriously are concerned with their well-being, it shows physically and audibly.

• I know a few and they're great people.

It's just who they are.

The others who claim to be nice, those who insist that they are, are just trying to justify their hidden bitterness for not being where they want to be.

• of course there's nice guys out there (I'd like to think I'm one of them?) but of course there's some who are not nice... thats life unfortunately.

• I think there is confusion with nice guys. I consider myself nice. But I've taken special classes of being happy and genuine. I think there are nice guys but better terms is genuine guys. You can tell who is genuine and who isn't but it takes 2 years to know someone if you want a serious relationship. If you want to find someone like that look at guys you've frienzoned lol

• Literally? Is that even the right word?

• They're wicked feminists casting aspersions of malevolence and entitlement where none exists.

Normal people don't believe "nice guys" aren't actually nice.

• Well, I know I always do what I can to be nice. 🙂