Why my boyfriend keeps talking about his ex?

I notice that he mentions her sometimes. They broke up 1 year ago but they were together for 2.
Just random things like "I went to this place with her" or "She never wanted to have so much sex with me"

But yesterday I fell asleep on the car of his friends and when I woke up (They didn't know this) My boyfriend and his friend were talking about her for a lot of time. And then my boyfriend said to him that now he doesn't have feelings for her because he found me and I am amazing. So why he keep talking about her?

Most Helpful Guy

• She was a part of his life for 2 years, just because they broke up doesn't mean those memories simply disappear. It wouldn't be any different than him talking about a friend he no longer hangs around with but had a situation with. EX: Remember that time Ted and I were at that place where that thing happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he had a hard time letting go of her, but it's great that he told his friend that he found you and you're amazing.
    I went through something similar once, and it came a point where I told him I was tired of being compared to his ex, even though the comparisons were always about me being better. He stopped doing so.
    So if it bugs you, you can always talk to him about it.

What Guys Said 5

• Simple the thing you sound like you are a lot like his ex. Which is usually the case because guys stick to a "type" usually. So its just kind of comming out. Im sure he is not. meaning to do it its like thinking out loud

• Simple, because he's not over her.

• He is comparing u to her... And is happy and amazed that u r better... So be happy ok

• He still loves her

• Maybe he wants more attention, ever think of that

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in this situation!!! He is not over her!! I promise you. 2 years is a long time... He can't give that up you're still new to him. Be cautious, that's not okay.

• Its hard to forget your ex. Esspesially if they had a big influence on you. So maybe he still has a connection withher ib some way. He probably doesn't wantherback, hejust is still gettinf over her in a way.