Online Dating what's your opinion?

What is your opinion of online dating? I have a friend who is older than I am and she met a guy in an online game. They have now been together for 5 years. I am glad she found such a wonderful man, and glad she is happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's another means of meeting someone. Nothing to make a huge deal about.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it would be a last resort.
    There are a ton of negatives, but if you're at the point where you want to start dating online (I will presume the reason for the question) then obviously be cautious, always ask if they have a girlfriend or wife, and remember that dating online gives you the opportunity to meet lots of people you otherwise wouldn't have met, so meeting the right person is more likely! But there are also a lot more bad/dangerous people too so keep your eyes out... It's a given but best to remind you, until you completely know and are comfortable with the person only meet in public places and in the daytime or early evening. :)

What Guys Said 1

• It sucks donkey balls.

What Girls Said 5

• It is full of deception and fake attraction, even more so than real life dating. Talking online increases the comfort level of both participants and may create an artificial connection that disappears as soon as they meet. There's always that awkwardness when switching from a comfortable text medium to the real world. Suddenly you have nothing to talk about and you realize you've wasted a whole lot of time.

• I wouldn't do it because the people I've known have had nothing but terrible experiences.

• not a fan of it.

• I do not recommend online dating because even if the guy is who he says he is men who do online dating have unrealistic expectations and high standards even though they may not look that good themselves. Some of them have Asian fetishes and can't get a Asian girl in real life, or they have a black, white, or Latina fetish, etc.

• I met my boyfriend of two years on an online dating site. But you will find more ass holes than good guys