I like my adoptive cousin. Is that weird? What should I do about it?

So I have a cousin who's mom was adopted into the family before I was born. She had a daughter that was born a few years after me. She and I grew up together. we are practically family. Over the years I found myself more attracted to her as a teen. Now that we are adults I have fallin for her. I know everything about her we get along great. But because we are like family I don't know if she would wanna date. I know our family would be ok with it cuz my grandma has suggested that we date. I really want her to be mine. Should I take the chance and ask her out?

• yes, go for it.
  • no, that would just be awkward.

Most Helpful Girl

• On one hand you're not really related, but on the other you're in the same family. I would find that awkward, especially if you break up. You'll still be forced to see each other at family gatherings and such, and that would increase the awkwardness in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• whatever she's your cousin it would be legal even if you were related.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't it would be awkward but thats me.

• When we were younger we have tried some stuff. But it never made things anymore awkward between us.

• well... I guess its different since it never happen to me before.

What Guys Said 2

• there is no relation so you would technically be fine, but that could get really awkward

• She's not blood but for fuck sake you can find a woman outside of the family!!!

• I haven't had any luck in that sense. Not that I haven't tried. Its just everytime I see her she just makes it feel like everything is ok.