How do you stop obessing over your crush?

I always find when I have a new crush I tend to obsess about them and overthink EVERYTHING! For example I started talking to a guy online who I'm really digging but I always blow things out of proportion by thinking he doesn't like me because he only messages me a couple times a day and they're quite impersonal but deep down I know I'm being irrational.

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a life, and I mean that in a good way.

If you have time to obsess and overthink over how often something does or doesn't message you, then you have too much time on your hands. Find a new hobby, watch a show, pick up a new book, go out with friends. It doesn't matter just keep busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way is if you start doing things that you want do so that your crush is secondary.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that is natural. Just try to learn to be patient. I just tell myself if it's right, things work out, there's no need to stress or worry or get too anxious, but that's not always easy :) If it's right, things work out, and if she is distant or something, then she's easily forgotten too and you just move on you know?

• Yes. It's a process of redefining yourself by practicing being more patient. Increase your self esteem, knowing what should do, what shouldn't be done. It's also a process of respecting and standing up for yourself like, ''hey, if he doesn't text me back, i'm going to move on by looking for someone who's willing to call or text me.''

• In my case it came from the rejection and getting to the point where I wondered what I ever saw in her. Granted, I had been questioning "I want this?" when reading some of her posts around the Internet.

• What you're describing is just human nature. At least you know you're being irrational. Not everyone has that kind of insight.

What Girls Said 0