Would you date someone taller/shorter than you?

Do you care if your partner is taller/ shorter than you?

Guys: do you mind a taller girl?
Girls: do you mind a shorter girl?

As a short dude, I often get turned down because I'm short, it makes me wonder do you care all that much about people's height?

• Girl, and I would date shorter
  • Girl, and I wouldn't date shorter
  • Guy, and I would date shorter
  • Guy, and I wouldn't date shorter

Most Helpful Girl

• I would and am dating someone shorter. It bothered me a bit initially, mostly because of how I felt other people would judge us for it, or that he wouldn't want to be with me because my being a bit taller would make him feel 'emasculated' or something

We get along perfectly well though. Turns out he likes tall girls, be they taller, long legs included.
    Plus, height doesn't matter when you're horizontal. ;)

• you are absolutely right!!! tall girls are just as sexy as the short ones, i mean those legs, dammn. And good one about the horizontal thing lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would date a girl no matter if she is 5 ft or 6ft, height doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter. Don't worry dude, there are a lot of girls out there that will date you no matter how tall you are, you just need to weed out the shallow ones. ANd the ones that reject you may actually be attracted to you but they want to impress their girlfriends and society so in order to do that they reject guys because of their height and have ridiculous requirements like expecting a guy to be 6ft, this is all to impress their friends. Trust me, those girls are just immature

What Girls Said 22

• Girl, and I would date shorter! As long as he a is my green apple! hahah

• Yes! And I definitely have. I'm about 5'8 and I really don't find it a problem as long as he is in close proximity to be.

• I would not date shorter.

• The guy has to at least be my height

• I'm 5'8.

I'm not intimidated by what others would say if I were to date a shorter guy, I couldn't really give a fuck. But as a relatively average-tall female, I would feel slightly insecured, if the person was below my height. I wouldn't say I "care" about height differences but more like an insecurity I have. It sounds too literal but this is just my opinion.

• I would date shorter as long as he's open to dating tall women. I find that many short guys are not.

• I honestly don't care about height, it matters on personality, in my opinion. Although, I do prefer taller men, shorter men are also kinda cute, you know? Especially if they have a really sweet personality, that's what I always aim for.

• I wouldn't date shorter. I'm only 5'0 tall, though, so it's not that hard to be taller than me.

• I prefer dating shorter :)

• I would rather date taller, butter I already had a crush on a guy shorter than me.

• At 5'1 I would not date shorter. If I were a taller height I might consider it, but as is, no.

• You won't find many guys shorter than 5'1, so that makes sense :')

• I wouldn't date shorter. He's gotta be at least 5'4".

• I have dated shorter... It's was a very small difference

• I am 1m62 can t find guys shorter than this :p

• i'd date taller haha. but shorter... i'm already 5'4 so hard to find a shorter guy

• can you message me, its important.

• If I did how did I know all this? Ms new York from cali.

• @SYCONSULTING dude you are that korean dude... stop messing with me

• I'm pretty laid back but I'd date a guy taller always

• I wouldn't date shorter, I'm 5' tall and I like tall guys.

• How tall do they have to be at least? Just wondering because you're really short. Not that it's a bad thing.

• He was pretty rude

• @cavmanier
      Why? I'm just saying she is like 5ft, she is in no position to demand men only be over 5'10 that's just the reality

• I'm 5'1. I will not date anyone shorter than. That would be a problem

• I'm 4'11, so no, I would not date shorter guys.

• I don't care at all.

• if I was dating it probably would be someone taller then me

• Well in dating a guy who's shorter than me but he'll be taller than me once puberty hits him :)

What Guys Said 15

• I have a lot of internalized spite towards the idea of dating taller girls due to how a bunch of girls are like "a guy has to be TALLER than me WHEN I WEAR HIGH HEELS so I can FEEL LIKE A WOMAN" and honestly it makes zero sense to me whatsoever and the fact that I seriously don't see any rationale behind that type of limitation irks me

But if they are genuinely interested and I find them attractive despite what I mentioned above, then sure why not

• I prefer tall girls, but I don't mind shorter

• I would prefer a tall woman. Preferences aren't rules though. In the end I wouldn't care about most things if she had the type of personality that I'm after. Even most tall women are shorter than me though so I voted C.

• It doesn't make all that much of difference to me I prefer shorter girls, but I wouldn't deny someone simply because they are taller.

• I think the only problem with shorter men dating taller women is that shorter men effeminate taller women, who turn around and point the finger at guys saying "it would emasculate them." That way they can be shallow cunts but not feel bad for it.

I've found that guys don't give a shit. Only women really care about height.

• height is not really a thing for me. I'm 5'10, so not a lot of girls are taller than me, but I have dated girls my height

• Why isn't there a only shorter answer I'm 6 foot 2 inches and any girl taller is just weird...

• 2in higher and 4in shorter

• I'm 5'8 and I wouldn't mind dating a girl as tall as 5'10 but none taller than that.

• what if she was 5'10.5 or 5'11 what's wrong with that, what if she was absolutely beautiful and was a great match, you would still not give her a chance

• I don't know. A lot of girls seem to not like shorter guys. So I guess not.

• i wouldn't date a girl taller than me that's way i always date girls shorter than me
    you should do the same don't go ask girls taller than you to date you ask girls shorter or same height as you and whats your height?

• 5'4 😔

• @verticallyinsecure
      Dress shoes add anywhere between 1.25 to 2.5 inches depending on the shoe with the average around 2 inches. Lifts add between 3 to 5 inches, elevator shoes actually add 5+ inches, that's why prince was able to look a lot taller than his actual height

• @Eric644, didn't know that lol

• i am 5'10.5''/ 179 cm and i dont care too much

• I would date a girl taller than me, allthough I am 6'0, so there aren't very many.

• I dated a girl that was 6'1 and she was absolutely beautiful, she could have been a model

• @Eric644 I would totally be up for dating a girl taller than me, as long as it was within reason. If she was like, 7'3 then we would have a problem, but 6'3 would be totally fine.

But, as I said, women who are taller than 6'0 are relatively few and far between. Especially given that I could grow as much as to be 6'4, there will be few women taller than me.

• I don't care.

• I assumed the guy's polls were supposed to be I would date taller and I wouldn't date taller.

• why not? tall girls can be awesome

• No, but you said you wouldn't date taller and I say, why not? Tall girls can be awesome

• @Eric644 I wasn't trying to say I wouldn't date taller girls, but I could see where it would look like I was saying that.