How do I get him to let me in?

I've been talking to this guy for about five months. Sometimes we text for hours, he'll ask to hangout visit me at work, it's great! But other times it seems like I'm the last person he wants to be around. His dad passed away a little over a year ago and a mutual friend told me he's changed a lot since then, he has a harder time letting people in now. There is no doubt in my mind that he likes me. It just doesn't seem like he wants to, or wants to let me in. Is there anyway to make this work? And get him to give me a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Knock on his forehead and say hello is anyone home can I come in. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You should probably give him a little more time. Losing someone dear to you can tear you up. Try to be understanding and patient towards him. That's what he needs right now.

What Guys Said 1

• Straight tell him you like him and would like to go on a date. Lay your cards out and see what happens.

• Whenever I try to talk to him about it he pulls away even more. He only wants my attention when I'm about to give up on the whole thing. We made plans to hangout lastnight and he blew me off instead of just canceling.

• In that case, it's probably time to move on. It doesn't sound like he's interested in pursuing a relationship. It also doesn't seem like he has the decency to let you know he's not interested, if that's the case, let alone at least cancel/postpone the hangout. To me these actions are enough to suggest any further pursuit of a relationship may just end up being a disappointment for you. I'm sorry :(

• Could also be he just doesn't know how to deal with his feelings or situation really well, which you may or may not use to judge his maturity level in the dating realm to help you decide to drop it or not.

What Girls Said 0