Is it ok to text and never talk on the phone if you've been dating for a while?

I've been dating someone for about six weeks, things are going great! We really like each other, and we see each other about once a week. I mentioned at the outset that I'm not a fan of talking on the phone, so we just fell into a pattern of always texting, with no objection. We text everyday, and then look forward to seeing each other in person. Is there anything wrong with this pattern of communication? We communicate beautifully when we talk in person.

Most Helpful Guy

• ".. things are going great"
    Don't fix what is not broken.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't like talking on the phone then its perfectly normal...

What Guys Said 3

• In general, I think texting is for chickens and lazy people who are not willing to make the effort. Texting is a slow, ineffective means of communication that has ambiguities and sometimes leads to misunderstandings. Talking on the phone avoids many of these problems. However, if you two are truly happy with communicating this way, and are willing to accept the consequences, do whatever feels right for you.

• I was in a relationship for 4 years and we almost never talked on the phone unless it was something dire. I for one hate sitting on the phone with the long pauses. Its cool if you are trying to get something ironed out, but most of the time, I am using text.

• If you're both happy text away

What Girls Said 1

• No, if you speak normally without it being it awkward, then your fine