Am I wasting my time? Should I move on?

I will try and keep this as short as I possibly can. I met a guy on tinder at the start of June this year called James. Things were fantastic at the start, really exciting like most new things are. I had just started a new job at that time and he asked me a few times to meet and I just didn't have the time but we agreed when we will soon. (We live 50 miles from each other) We've been talking everyday since, sending pictures and getting on pretty well. The last month or two he has been really distant though. Sometimes I'm feeling like I'm pestering him when I text. He did tell me that he was just grumpy these days and don't take it personally. He's still talking about when we meet up etc but anytime I mention it he avoids the topic. I asked him yesterday "is there room for a little one?" implying I wanted to go up and he said "I'll think about it" with a sunglasses emoticon. Also, the last day or two he's stopped sending wink emoticons and he always did. We've never talked on the phone which should raise red flags but he seems genuine every other way. Or maybe I just can't see it. I'm so confused as to why he won't meet me yet. Also, anytime he knows I've been out he's asked if I've got any action or kisses. Is he doing that because he might be jealous or just nosey?
Sorry for the really long post. Basically, I just wanted some people's thoughts. Am I being stupid hanging on for this guy? Am I reading too much into the emoticons? Is he interested in me or just the flirty text and pictures?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meet him. That should clear all your doubts. If he hesitates a lot, then there's no point in carrying this forward.

• She can't meet him. He won't make plans.

• That's the nicest thing I've been told on GaG 😀 I'm just a day old here though 😀 Happy to help 😊 Be in touch 😊

• Just thought I’d update you. I decided to text him tonight and just ask him outright because I was sick of not knowing. I just asked was he still interested as I don’t wanna waste my time anymore. He replied with “I’ve met someone.” Apparently this is a recent development which I seriously do not believe at all. In hindsight all the signs were there that he had been seeing someone the whole time. The no phone calls, never meeting up, disappearing for days. I feel really stupid but least I know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is a good opportunity to lay it all out on the table.

"Hey, dude. I like you. I really want to meet up. When are you free this week?" and if he avoids the topic again, then you can forget about him.

What Guys Said 1

• Tough call. My first instinct is that he would rather be friends and is trying to ease out of a dating situation. I see his asking if you kissed someone else as his way of saying he wouldn't care, and that you're friends and can talk about other people. I'm 90% sure.

The other 10% of me think he's just playing games to screw with you.

• You see I thought that too, but he still talks about all the sexual things he wants to do with me at the same time. That's why I'm so confused.

• Just thought I’d update you. I decided to text him tonight and just ask him outright because I was sick of not knowing. I just asked was he still interested as I don’t wanna waste my time anymore. He replied with “I’ve met someone.” Apparently this is a recent development which I seriously do not believe at all. I’m hindsight all the signs were there that he had been seeing someone the whole time. The no phone calls, never meeting up, disappearing for days. I feel really stupid but least I know.

• Well I'm sorry to hear that but at least now you can move on.

What Girls Said 2

• I say go with your feelings! If u feel like holding on then OK but if not just keep it simple!

• I dunno he's just mess'n