Why can't you text someone when you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Especially if it's just as friends. Why does the other person always get mad and ask that the gf/bf doesn't talk to the other person? Maybe I'm just inexperienced in relationships or too selfish to understand, but I don't get it. Also, do all boys/girls in relationships ban their SO from talking to the other sex, even to a certain extent? For example maybe even if a girl let's her boyfriend talk to most of his female friends, she asks him not to talk to one particular girl OR a girl she doesn't know? And does the boy or girl being banned from talking to the opposite sex usually listen to their SO? I'm sorry, maybe I'm just naive because I've never had a boyfriend but I find it a bit excess for a girl to be banning her boyfriend from talking to me

Most Helpful Guy

• only controlling people do that and you shouldn't stay with him

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never do that! And if he is pulling crap like that he is insecure! Drop that guy!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I honestly don't care who my boyfriend talks to, I trust him and I know he's not doing anything I wouldn't be happy with. I never understood why people think it's okay to restrict their SO from talking to someone without good reason.

• No, that's possessive and not normal.

• Yeah I don't get it either. Insecurity is the only thing that pops to mind.

• Well, I don't know I'm married and my husbands best friend called me just last night. Not a big deal. Did my husband know? Yep!