About looks - are they everything at first?

Do you find that sometimes you can be drawn for some unknown reason to the less handsome guy or girl? I had one guy, not super handsome, but I was really attracted to him. Guy #2 is more than 10 years younger, in GREAT shape, pretty face, too, but yet I still prefer the other one - what the hell? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are everything at first - IF the first interaction you have with them is by sight. What else could you have to judge (meaning: evaluate) them on but their appearance? That's normal and natural.

But, today, we often "meet" people in other ways - on the phone, online, by "referral" from friends, etc. So there is an opportunity to get to know their PERSONALITY before we ever see them in person, and, yes, it's perfectly normal to feel an attraction to someone before you actually see them, or to continue to feel attracted to them even though they aren't the best-looking person ever.

And, just the same, even if they are physically attractive, it's perfectly normal (and smart) to reject or pass on a person once you discover that their personality, attitude, or whatever is not compatible with you.

Unless all you plan to do is have a one-night stand, then personality MATTERS - more than looks in fact.

• Thanks, it seems with the two guys here locally, one so handsome and the other not, yet I still like the other one better. It could be that I just know the other guy better and we've gotten to know each other a bit more, which then makes sex because woman attach feelings and bond which increases attraction for us.

What Guys Said 1

• Looks ABSOLUTELY do matter... if the person isn't attracted physically to said target initially, nothing else matters!

What Girls Said 3

• I am guessing each person has something extermely attactive.

• Its not weird at all.. sometimes you're just attracted to other things besides looks

• A lot of people won't get in a relationship with someone they don't think is attractive. Looks are kinda everything at the start. And then the personality matters, usually