I just realized that I'm in love with an old friend--Advice please?!

so I have quite a dilemma on my hands.. I think I'm in love with an old friend of mine and I don't know if I should tell him or let it be. here's a little background on our relationship..

we met almost three years ago through a long chain of mutual friends and became very close. I realized that I liked him but didn't get the same feeling from him, so I backed off and lost touch for a while. when we began talking again I still had these feelings, but couldn't express them due to the fact that we were both in a relationship. it didn't last long, so we began talking and hanging out a lot more than we had been. I finally got the feeling that I have been wanting from him for..but he was still so hung up on his ex that he never did anything about it. he told me once “high school relationships mean nothing to me. I know I'm not gonna find anyone now so what's the point?” I wanted to tell him everything that I had been feeling for him at that moment but didn't have the balls to do it. so I gave up once again and began dating.. big mistake because I lost his friendship, he didn't like the guy. it wasn't worth it..i was with him for a mere two months and broke it off after I found out that I was being used as a rebound from his ex..cool. so now I'm left single and with no best friend.

nowadays we are both single and talking a little more; not as much as I would like, but enough that I can call him up and ask for a dinner date. I would really like to tell him everything that I've been thinking about just so I can get it off my chest. we are both seniors and are about to graduate. he is leaving for college and I am stuck in this small town. I feel like I'm running out of time with him, but is it the right thing to do?

sorry for the length but I'm really stuck and would like some advice.

thanks so much,

--SuzieQ

What Guys Said 1

• There's only one thing to do. Decide.

Do you want to be with him, do you want him to know how you feel?

You need to decide the answer to this question.

If you like him (and it sounds like you do), all you can really do is tell him, let him know clearly. Then, see what he says, his reaction, his feelings towards you (good or bad).

Decide, and then move forward in that direction.

What Girls Said 0