I'm not his type, what should I do?

To sterotype us, he's a hippy type and i'm a bit of a princess. I know he's attracted to hippy girls and after a couple of dates and getting to know each other i think he's going off me because of it but i really like him, how can i get around the fact that i'm not as free and easy going as he is? we have other stuff in common but its not loads

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are he already knew what you were like before any of the dates... seeing how he hasn't actually said you're not his type, I doubt he thinks that. Forget about the "hippy/princess" type and just see how well you guys get along.

• We had only known each other 2 months before and not too well. He hasn't said that i'm not but he has told friends his type is hippy girls

• No guy has one fixed "type" we all like a girl for different reasons, it's what makes you unique to him... don't overthink it.

• Okay thank you, that makes me feel better

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if he doesn't like you then there's nothing you can do to make him want to be in a relationship with you. You also shouldn't try to change yourself for someone. Perhaps he's just not the right guy for you.

That being said, has he actually said he is not interested in you? If he hasn't mentioned this or anything then it's possible he likes you regardless of you not sharing his "hippy" lifestyle. You will just have to talk to him to figure out how he feels.

• No he hasn't said it, i can just tell when i say certain things like i don't like camping or i couldn't travel abroad by myself etc that it doesn't impress him. We've been on 4 dates and had planned to see each other yesterday and were talking but he just never brought it up and he hasn't spoken to me today

• Yep haha. Before we started dating we promised to be completely honest with each other because i didn't want it to ever get awkward because we have to see a lot of each other and he said he would be so i'm hoping i'm over thinking it and that he would have told me if he wasn't interested in me anymore

• Yeah, try talking to him about it. Hopefully he'll be honest with you.

What Guys Said 4

• Having things in common is what its all about. He's not the only guy in the world. Move on.

• The problem is ur princess attitude. All guys enjoy treating their girls like this but if a girl expects it/demands it then its fucking annoying.

• no thats not what i mean, i would never expect anything like that, i just mean like i don't enjoy camping or couch surfing type of activities

• I don't think i'm capable of changing i'm already too set in my ways so i'm not worried about that. I just dont know how to keep him interested?

• Maybe its easier to just give up? :)
      I dont think you can do much here... you are just diferent.

• Don't change yourself for a guy

• You could learn how to be free and easy going

• I wouldn't say i'm not easy going just that he's a lot more

What Girls Said 1

• You should still try to ask him out he might say yes!

• We've already been on 4 dates, i can just tell he's less interested than he was when he was trying to get me to date him

• Haha that's what i'm asking for advice on, i'm not sure what my next step should be, all i know is i won't message him first or anything but i don't want to act like i don't care anymore i need to attract him

• and you can't tell him how to feel about this situation because you know he not your type?