Would you break up with someone a week before their birthday?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the situation, really. If it's super toxic and their birthday just happens to be a week after I reach my breaking point, then whatever.

But if I just decided I didn't like them very much anymore, I would wait until AFTER their birthday.

What Guys Said 13

• I try to be considered. I once waited breaking up with someone until her school exams were over.

In case of a birthday would wait unless there is another event coming after that prolongs it even further. And if there was none I would probably get to hear something like "How could you break up with me so soon after my birthday?" In the end there is no good time to tell this

• oh that happened to me!!! dumped a few days before i turned 19. my first brokenheart too. i was fucked up for a long time.

• My Mom and my sister are coming and my sister wanted to meet him. I was honestly thrilled to have someone I've been dating for a while now to share my birthday with and I went all out for his. I just feel like I've been gutted.

• you poor baby!!

• I will admit to somewhat starting the disagreement. He can't stand conflict so if been avoiding it but my emotions finally won out and I started crying because I knew he had been upset about something but wouldn't tell me and was being distant.

The thing had nothing to do with me but by that point I was sad and hurt and he was mad and wouldn't sleep on my side of the bed.

I hate admitting any kind of insecurity and I known don't like it in women but that's truly all it was. I was sorry I robbed him of a few hours of sleep and ashamed for being needy but it got to the point where I couldn't go to sleep next to him.

He knows all this now and we both feel better but he is tired of the drama. I wasn't mad I just wanted him to tell me what the F was going on I felt so dejected. I hate anyone being able to make me feel that way and I hate admitting it even more.

• Hmm I don't know. That'd suck to be dumped just before your birthday but at the same time I don't want to pretend like everythings all right and pretend I have feelings for them when I don't.

• Yes, it depends on the situation though. the reason

If she cheated, and I found out right before her birthday. Well sucks to be her

• Sure if she cheated on me

• It really depends. I'd say no, but who am I kidding... There's circumstances when I think most of us would do it.

Example: s/he cheats on you the week before her/his birthday and you dump their ass on the spot. See? Doesn't seem so wrong, does it? So I am a maybe.

• Depends on why I'm breaking up with her. If she treated me like shit, or cheated on me, then I'd probably do it on their birthday because fuck them. But if things just weren't working out, I'd try to hold on until after their birthday for at least a couple weeks to a month.

• Na. Wait until that very morning. Give him his last pity fuck then dump his sorry ass and hope it never happens to you and you don't have to get over such a tough thing.

One thing is , he won't every in his lifetime forget who you were.

All depends on how he treated you while in the relationship. If it was a lesson he very well needed to learn so he didn't hurt another girl or end up on the Maury show then go for it.
    Give karma a head start.

• If you fall out of love, you would do that eventually, regardless of what date. Guys who have absolutely no clues will think, ''what the heck... why did she dump me? I thought everything was going right?''

• It's not like it's their actual birthday. If I really hated them though, I would do it on their birthday.

• If she has been completely shitty and if I can't handle her; then yes I would :3

• And I have too.

• I'm really not sure...

What Girls Said 15

• That would be horrible. But at the same time, I would not want someone harboring a breakup and just going along with a celebration all the while knowing he was going to break it off days later... that would probably hurt more than being broken up with before a birthday.

• There's no such thing as a good time to break up with him. If he somehow suspects you just waited because of his birthday, he might feel betrayal on top of the hurt and rejection. (That week of relationship will have been a farce.)

• I'd at least wait a few days after I don't know why but birthdays are special to me and I'd have to hang in there :)

• No only jerks do that.

• Honestly, yes, because I think it would be worse to hold off on your feelings for yourself and for your s/o.

I'm really bad at hiding my feelings, and I feel like it would come off in some way (body language, reactions, etc) if I was around that person and was harbouring some ill feelings towards the relationship.
    And I know if your s/o found out that you were hiding this from them/pretending to be copacetic with the state of the relationship, they probably would feel wronged by it in some way too.

• My friend got dumped one day before her birthday SHE FUCKING CRIED HER THE WHOLE DAY. That guy was a douchebag.

• no way that's fucked up

• I wish my ex had broken up with me the week before instead of the week after. Then I would've actually gotten to go out and have fun and celebrate my 21st birthday instead of taking care of him.

• Depends on how they treated me in the relationship.

• THAT'S SO HEARTLESS

• I would, If I'm not happy with the person why would I ruin their birthday.

• I'd wait 2 months and then do it.

• Depends. If I could turn back in time I'd love to break up with my ex on his birthday

• If they're abusive, I'd do it on their birthday. While recording it. And then I'd put it on the internet.

• If they where major assholes.