Boy friend blocked me from his Twitter account did I overreact?

Okay so my boyfriend (19) recently decided to block me from his Twitter account after I (20f) showed him screenshots of him talking to two girls and trying to hang out with them. I tried to call him right after having the text message conversation and he told me he was in the library and wouldn't answer. 3 hours later I texted him that he had until the end of this day to solve this issue and that as of now him and I are both single. He replied " seriously?" And that was it. Two hours later (I was busy ) I replied that their were other things we needed to talk about but that I wanted to talk about it too his face, he didn't reply. Did I handle the situation the right way?

Let me make it clear the hanging out consisted of Netflix&chill.
He sent me two texts, one last night saying " I see you " and one today saying "can I use your cape on Christmas eve" acting causal as if nothing happened. I ignored both.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha... Lol :-D let me laugh first.
    It's the unique issue is heard, boyfriend blocked you on twitter lol.
    Anyways, yes you need to talk to him seriously, just send him a serious message, but only once not twice. If he reply to meet you and discuss the issue then fine. Else don't message and contact him until he gets ready to meet you and sort out the issue

• Thanks a lot dear :-)

• spoken, in person**

• You are doing cool dear... One should value the self respect, it's a first move from him, you could've asked him to clarify everything in front of you...

What Guys Said 8

• Well, you got what you wanted (becoming single) by being possessive controlling and insecure just because your boyfriend had female friends - like any other emotional abuser ever.

So if you wanted to make sure you get broken up over artificial drama then well done, you have succeeded.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYyHa03x-U

• I mean, having female friends is totally okay for a well functioning social life. Controlling behavior however is the first step towards an abusive relationship, and you have succeeded

• Yes. I'm sorry you got hurt. Hopefully the next guy you find will treat you better than that.

• @KitKat93 I already have :) thank you

• Yes, you did. You are being insecure, untrusting, and selfish. In fairness, your gut may be right.

But I think you should break up (and each tell everyone else you dumped the other).

• He tells people "I left him like he was average", the more I think about what he said the more I believe it. He went wrong with me when he didn't want to just tell me who those girls were he instead decided to block me and not talk about it.. it would of gone differently had he just said oh their some old classmates or whatever but nothing. Average actions.

• There are lot of boys waiting for u let catch them.

• A) how are you sure that he was Netflix and chilling with these women?

B) why would he do what you want when you broke up with him?

C) if he was cheating why do you want him to do anything?

• A) he said so

B) I don't understand that question

C) I don't understand that question either

• What were you hoping to get out of your confrontation? How do you have access to him Twitter to screen shot?

• We followed each other

• screenshots, how did you get those?

• I follow him on Twitter.

• Yes u did all u could but u can't help his cheating ways but we can't really tell because after all we only have half the story and it was 2 girls so he may not have.. Of course him not respond is a big hint he over u moral of the story u did gd

• He's banging some girl right this minute I bet !
    He is balls deep 100%

What Girls Said 12

• You my dear, are dating an asshole. You might be getting carried away. I don't know. I know if my husband tried making "friends" with other women on the internet I'd definitely not be ok with it. He can have friends that are girls but only if they're my friends as well. And there will be no Netflixing with just the 2 of them. Hell to the no. But my husband had no friends that were female when we met. Acquaintances yes but no friends that he'd hang out with just him and her. So I got lucky. I don't consider this completely jealous (even though there's nothing wrong with getting jealous over someone you're with) I consider it being territorial. If this guy doesn't like relationships like that then find someone who views it the same as you. He's not respecting you by being so secretive and ignoring your calls/texts. He should settle it like an adult and talk with you over an issue you're having. I think guys that try to hangout and chill with girls they don't know and don't bring it up to you at all are sneaky cheaters. Fuck those red flags. But yeah talk to him but don't let him call the controlling or over jealous card. You have every right to be upset and he's making it worse with the way he's handling it.

• Yes you reacted in the best way.
    I'm so glad that you had enough pride to break up with him.

You handled it very maturely. You gave him multiple chances to explain, he chose not to. You essentially gave him an ultimatum, and when he didn't come through, you stood firm.
    A lesser woman would have just let it slide, even though it bothered her, just to stay in the relationship.

Even though I don't know you, I'm proud of you.

• Thank you so much, even though I don't know you hearing that helped me feel better about everything. 😊😄😊 Thank you!

• no, i don't really think that was the way to go. ultimatums are really dangerous things to throw around in relationships - gambling on it like that just isn't the way.

i know it can be tricky, but if you were able to wait to talk to him about it, then you should have - you don't know what the situation was, who those girls were, and where did you get the pictures from anyway?

• I tried to call him right after talking about it& he said he was in the library he couldn't be on the phone, then minutes later he blocked me.

• right but what im getting at is the main thing is that you should have waited for him to get home from the library instead of giving him an ultimatum

• Well what can I do about it now? What would you sugges?

• As wise an owl that I think I have always been, @lolaluva09 are Sure... He was trying to hang out with them? Talking to Two doesn't necessarily mean "Chat and Chew" with wanting to pick them up and be as a group thing or anything.
    This sounds like it may be some misunderstanding, and of course, you are normal, this is a natural reaction to being jealous.
    I probably would have said the same thing and if he was Caught underhandedly with his hand in the cookie jar, then I would have gave him the same ultimatum.
    Let things cool off for now. He Blocked you from Twitter because it is a way to get back at you. Perhaps down the line you both can talk another time.
    However, if you see and feel and really know he can no longer be trusted, then let him go, there are Trust issues now that would always follow you, should you 'Talk about it too his face.'
    Good luck. xx

• I wrote down below that we have a history. But right now I feel like I'm torn I mean people will always try n give you advice but they don't know what I actually feel for him and what he feels for me.

• Of course, I know.. I still have a husband out in Egypt and I don't think I will be going back.. I cheated on him and thast also was my own demise so I know how you Both feel... Let things calm down and then I think you both will end up talking and maybe trying to get back on the same page. With the trust isues, I said this because I think you may try and use it towards him and the blocking deal and it may comeback to haunt you... I do feel you though, believe me I do... I give advice as being as wise as I am because I have experienced it All. xxoo

• He no boyfriend of yours than!

• I'd say it's MIGHT be a misunderstanding, but the fact he blocked you is just ridiculous! Seriously, your boyfriend should NOT act that way towards you unless you did something REALLY bad, but if he really loves you he'd make 100 % sure that you have nothing to be worried about and blocking you is just the opposite thing lol.. I'm really sorry, but he is really not the only one out there, trust me.. I've been in your situation before and it sucks but they're really not worth it, guys like him are just standing in your way of meeting good guys. But before you decide to do anything drastic you should really talk to him, but just don't be naive, don't let them fool you. Good luck :)

• not at all... guys hate it when girls are jealous over just the fact that he wants to hang out with girls (unless he was all flirting and was looking for a date or sex). & the fact that you overreact so much by saying you're breaking up and all... oh he'll get his distance from you... he might fogive you and try to make things work out but pretty sure you guys won't be like before...

believe me i went through sth like that

• He was trying to go to parties and hang out with girls, I met him three years ago and he messed up with me then by having a girl best friend that I didn't trust I thoughts he liked him, weeks after I break things off because of it their dating. Fast towards to now he got a second chance with me and he's on Twitter making me feel bad, and look like a fool. : / idc if he has female friends but trying to party and Netflix and chill type things aren't ok.

• You are right n that's why I broke up with him yesterday. I felt it's not right for me to be in a relationship like that.

• he seriously doesn't deserve you.
      and remember... once a cheater, always a cheater

• talking to others to hang out... just friendship. I think you overreacted a little

• Well... Looks like that relationship is out thr window. Not a bad thing though, keep your chin up.

• I'm 25 and was in a relationship with a guy like that for years after giving him chances and making excuses for me.
    On the inside it made me insecure and deep down I know he wasn't loyal and wasn't right for me. Actions speak louder than words.
    You were right to break up with him. Stick to your guns and move on. He's not worth it

• he is totally cheating on u break up with him

• you shoukdnt have said you two where now single before you talked in person. guys dont like girlfriend stress getting in the way of their future goals. so if you are messing up his studies it will make you a burden on him. rather than an accent to him. and then you saying we are broken up... he's thinking OKAY SEE YA

although he did have no right to be making dates with them. but you did slightly over react. but luckily your learning experiance has been with a guy like him and not with mr right

• Who said it was a date? Not every interaction with every other sex person ever is a "date".

• @mesonfielde because every guy i dated never let me hang out with my long term guy friends i had for years. so if he is meeting these strangers to me its a red flag

• If they didn't let you have friends, then every guy you dated was an immature sexist emotional abuser. People have friends of both sexes! It's totally normal!