Have you ever broken up with your SO during a fight then regretted it?

Like you were really mad because you thought they were accusing you of stuff and a few days later after calming down you realised they were just feeling insecure.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• No I would never break up out of anger.. When I've broken up with someone in the past it's because I've put a lot of thought into it and I realized I was treated poorly and felt miserable in the relationship.

It's not something I do on a whim or because I had an off day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, high school drama. "I love you. I hate you. We're over. I'm so happy we're back together." Yes, and no. I regret that it didn't just end sooner and then each person could have grown more apart than together.

What Guys Said 9

• no I try not to make decisions when angry. I try to allow myself to calm down and get back to rational thinking before making decisions

• I would never do that because as a rule, I do not take decisions based purely on emotions. If a woman did that to me and tried to come back using this reason, I might not take her back because she proved to be unreliable and she showed she acts purely on emotions and this might be routine for her. How could I trust her after that?

• Honestly no, I don't make decisions like that in a rattled emotional state.

I'm that person to leave the situation and calm down, before pulling the trigger on decisions.

• No, I'm very calculated and it's extremely rare I have remorse after decisions I make.

• It would have to be a pretty bad argument. at that point I would want to be alone for a while till I can come to a proper decision. I don't like deciding things while I'm fueled by emotions.

• Exactly. Anytime I try to voice my opinion about something that upset me in a nonexcusing way he gets mad and says this isn't working. We've only ever had here disagreements over six months so it isn't like I'm constantly nagging him. But when I do have a concern or feel hurt by something he won't discuss it.

I told him it makes me feel like I can never voice how I feel about anything because I'm always afraid if I do he'll breakup with me but it isn't fair for me to feel that way or healthy.

But from what I can tell this is what he has done his whole life and he's in his thirties. His relationships never last more than 6 months with most only lasting two months.

It's just so frustrating because if we could learn to just hear what our partner is saying and not view it as an attack then we would be good together.

• It sounds like to me that you are willing to put a lot more effort into the relationship than he is.

While you want to discuss why the two of you are in disagreement he does not want to put forth any effort. You shouldn't have to fear him leaving you for expressing how you feel about something. The only thing I can think of is how you express yourself to him, unless you're doing it in a very offensive way though I don't see how it should be something to get up in arms about.

Honestly though if that's how he deals with things how can you rely on him? It sounds like he wouldn't be worth your time if this is how he deals with situations.

• No, because Im very desisive when it comes to decisions.

• I've never regretted break ups, no. And I've never broken up in the middle of a fight/argument.

• yes and i still regret it

• Nope, she showed her true colours at that moment...

• He got mad because I kept saying we were casual but I wasn't saying it in a bad way we just hadn't defined what we are other than exclusive. I told him I keep saying casual as a means to remind myself we are official and not step out of bounds.

He's never told me he likes me are misses me and I was just trying to get a better picture of how he views our relationship. We've been together for 5 months.

What Girls Said 10

• No, because that's just being irrational, and it makes you wonder what other things you may be capable of ruining when you're irrational. It also develops mistrust.

• Yes, but little did I know that it'd be the best decision of my life. My ex is fucking crazy, and my brain knew that better than my heart did at the time.

They weren't wrongfully accusing me of anything though, but our break up did happen in the heat of the moment.

• I've never actually broken up with him during a fight.
    There was once, though, when we were on the phone discussing a topic which ahd led to an argument earlier in the day when we hung out. We didn't seem to be able to reach a compromise, just going back and forth with our conflicting viewpoints. This was following a few days of fights so I gave him an ultimatum. I told him we're obviously not on the same page, so if we can't see it in the same way, the only remaining solution may be to break up.

His response was '... if that's how you feel, I can't really stop you.' That definitely shut me up and I never dropped the b-word again. :P

• I've never had a boyfriend. However, I have told a guy countless times that I needed a break from our situation because it was wearing on me. And it usually didn't last long, because I kept envisioning the break being.. permanent. And I didn't want to lose him as a friend.

Now if I need a break I just go silent and deal with it, instead of dragging him through whiplash over and over.

• Never had one but i am pretty sure i would just walk away pissed off!

• in my opinion, you can't really "accidentally" break up with someone. if you said you wanted to break up with them when you were in a fight, it's probably because you really want to and the anger just made that rise up to the surface. maybe it's not this way for everyone, but it definitely is for me.

• I leave everytime me and my boyfriend fight but i always come back and so does he -_-
    It doesn't last days though... more like minutes.

• Absolutely not. There's a reason we were fighting in the first lace.

• Crossed wires. He thinks you're saying one thing when you're actually saying another but he is to stubborn to actually listen once he's decided what he thinks is going on. Not until he has a while to breath can I then say this is what I was actually saying.

• Yes. We got back together 15 min later XD

• Depends what the fight was about and how many times we have broken up and gotten back together.