GAG'ers, when going out are you the "party type"?

Is you preferred destination on a night out with your guy or girl a "big party" with lots of loud music and probably drinking?
Or are you (like me) rather the person who likes quality time together and would rather walk together besides the river or in the park? Or have a nice evening together in a restaurant or bar...

• Give me a full blown party!
  • Restaurant or walk in the park please...

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Partying and drinking and loudness aren't really my thing. I'd prefer a smaller gathering doing something fun or eating at a cool little restaurant.

What Girls Said 18

• Do we even have to go out? There are people out there.

I like to avoid those.

• Are you afraid to be in crowds? Or have you had bad experiences?

• No. I just don't like being around people. It's exhausting.

• That's true, a few hours at a busy place wear you out... a nice limited company is a better experience :D

• I mostly prefer the quiet time together. But occasionally I like to go out drinking and dancing.

• We have more or less the same opinion - except that I dance like a drunk cow :o

• It depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to look my best and go in a big loud party or concert to listen to music, dance and drink a bit. In other days, i just want to relax a bit, to go in a small coffee shop or a bar and talk

• Well, there's one word that makes me dislike the first option: "loud"... it gives me the feeling of not being able to talk to people plus slow ear damage :-(
      The other option I'd do straight away :D

• I join the company, no big parties please :-(

• I join the company, I also dance like a 25 year old cat with 3 legs :-(
      I do have friends to talk with but no girl :-(

• Give me a quiet night together, please. I don't need to be around a ton of people to have a good time.

• I fully agree with you! To me loud music is noice and needs to be avoided... I like the idea of talking and cuddling in the park a lot more :D

• Yeah, that sounds very nice. :)

• Why not both?
    We have dinner walk talk etc..
    Then we party
    Then we go home together and continue the party there.
    Then in the morning we have breakfast and chitchat or go out etc..
    Mixing things up is the key^^
    But to be honest during univ with all the work partying hard isn t my first choice. More so during vacations

• Yeah I can imagine, after a few weeks of exams time to forget everything :D

• I'm the "let's sit in a dark crner and cuddle while eating and watching all the crazy people" type person.

• Quiet time for sure, but on occasion it's nice to go party with my better half :)

• the quiet time wins!

• It really depends..

Sometimes party it up... sometimes chill it out...

• Haha you sound like being in a transition phase :D
      In 2 years it will be just chilling for sure!

• I've been like this for... 4 years or so now lol

• Haha in 2 years we'll discuss if I was right :D

• depends on the mood. something in between those two usually though

• Haha the compromise often wins it... though for me the calm alternative will always be the winner :D

• I hate parties. As my friend Bravo once said "I'm more of a stay at home kind of person ".

• Not the worst habit I guess... some kids have ear damage and are used to being drunk when they're 18 :-(

• Walk in the park please, haha :)

• Fully agree! Maybe we'll pass each other in the park :D

• Sorry big parties just aren't my thing.

• We agree on that one! If you want to chase me away, invite me for a party with loud music :-(
      But that nature you visit with your sled could please me as well :D
      Though the temperatures may be hard on me... -30°C will change me into an ice lolly :o

• restaurants and vip at clubs

• restaurant, walk about town, salsa dancing

• Haha for me the same except the dancing... I'm a very bad dancer (toe damage for the girl :-( )

• Yeah! If you ever take a lesson you should tell me how it goes!

• I will :D

• I would like river, parks or even better library, I don't really like to talk and I don't like noises so I love places like these.

• Sounds good, I would feel good there as well. No big noise indeed :o

• I think that noises would not give people the same environment as these to talk and understand each other.

• Oh yeah being in a noisi place and trying to have a discussion is like hell... "no thanks" for me as well!

• Sit at a bar and pretend we just got engaged so everyone buys us drinks.

What Guys Said 7

• I am absolutely not a party person.. I'll go to parties and I can be damn fun to be around for a while but I get exhausted with it. I'd much rather spend quality time with people playing video games or exploring the town or eating at a new restaurant.

• Exploring the town or going to a restaurant I'd do as well. I'm not a gamer and parties are a place where you won't meet me...

• Can't lie... I like a good house party or dive bar, even a nightclub for a special occasion! Alcohol is probably my biggest vice in the world, I absolutely love drinking and getting drunk! :)

With the % of introverts on GaG, the poll results don't surprise me. :-D

• Yeah I'm on the quiet side myself too! No loud parties for me, just quality time :D

• I never party nor ever wanted to. I rather be home. But yes if going out say with a girlfriend. A walk under the night sky, along maybe the forrest, river or beaches if possible. Something intimate and quiet anyway in general.

• When going out we have a nice evening together in a restaurant.

• Yeah that's the Belgian way of doing it: living through our stomach :D
      A nice steak with French fries (a pile) and we're happy 8)

• My girl doesn't party so we stay in bed and I have to party alone

• Sounds interesting... could be a nice party as well 8) :D

• I used to be but I just cannot handle my beer any more. I am not much of drinker, I don't like clubs either.

I would much rather go to a restaurant, have a few bottles of beer with a meal than to go out drinking all evening in a bar or club.

• I'm convinced you're still better than me, I don't drink at all!
      One glass and I'm getting dizzy... two glasses drunk... three glasses is total loss :-(

• Three pints of beer and my world starts spinning :')

• A pint is half a liter I think... one of them would already be too much for me :o

• No partys are all about bitches and meat market. That's the only thing on people's minds. Fuck

• Hahaha it's perhaps a crude way of saying it but it may have some truth in it :D