He said he doesn't want a relationship but I still want him in my life what do I do?

So I've known this guy for about 5 months. I met him through his older brother I know who's friends eith my sister. Anyways. He asked me out on a date and from then we've talked ever since. He's admitted he really likes me and said to me we'll see what happens. Then we were talking about dating and I asked 'are you the relationship type' he said that he wasn't when he was younger but he's now closer to wanting a relationship. About a few months later which was October this year he then said he doesn't want anything serious because he's scared if we date he'd mess up the relationship and we wouldn't speak again. He's opened up to me and said that it scares him to talk about his feelings and he hasn't had a girlfriend for over 5 years. He has said to me he does really like me and loves spending time with me. We still speak as normal and still asks to see me. I just dunno what I should do. We were friends before any feelings were involved. I get along with him so well and we haven't argued or have resentment against each other. I would like some advice if I should try build more of a friendship with him or walk away?

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion this guy probably went through a rough relationship and is gun shy... keep him around, don't push for anything, and see where things go.

But at the same time... be open to dating other guys!

• Thanks for the advice! I was speaking to his brother about it and he did say that he is scared of getting hurt and rejected. I do hope he is being genuine because I don't want to get hurt. That's what I've been doing also. I talk to new guys all the time and if they want to go out on a date I won't hesitate to.

Most Helpful Girl

• You really can't force him... you can try to keep bug him... until he give you another chance... but i wouldn't... your selling yourself short.

What Guys Said 1

• It just sound like he's pulling excuses out of his ass. He should just get his shit together.

What Girls Said 2

• walk away it will hurt you

• I dont know about your guy but Ill tell you what happened to me. I decided to stay. I was okay to do the casual thing. But months later I got an STD from him.

• I've only had sex with him once and I'm not really wanting to do the sexual stuff with him more want to try make our friendship better.

• I would like to be with him but I

• But I know I can't force him to be with me. So I can deal with trying to be his friend. If all else fails I will remove him from my life.