I took revenge on her, now I'm having a guilt trip. Help?

She used to do some things that used to depress me emotionally. So eventually I had to move on. But in the process of moving on I made her feel the same way I felt when she did those things. I felt joy & peace at first but now I'm feeling bad for her. She deserves it, that's for sure, no doubt. So how do I make this guilt trip go away?

Most Helpful Girl

• Vengeance is not the answer to inner turmoil. It only validates what they did to you, if anything. If you know that it's wrong, and you do it too, you're basically just saying it was completely okay and warranted, since you took it upon yourself to behave the same. Now, you are just as bad as she was.

The best revenge you can get on someone is being the better person. Proving that what they did to you was wrong and that they should regret it by being better, happy, and moving on. Not by stooping down to their shitty, asshole-ish level.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just focus on stuff you like doing and eventually it should pass off from your mind in time.

What Girls Said 2

• Can you be more specific about things she did to you and what you did for revenge?

• Time, mostly. You felt the high of doing it but now you realize you may have been out of character by doing things to get back at her so you're unhappy about it. Just avoid her and do things you enjoy, the feeling will go away in a while.

What Guys Said 1

• You can't it's called your conscious. It will torture you until you forgive yourself. Try to make amends with her, not get back together, just amends. That's is why I don't do anger or vengeance