Im thinking of becoming the typical douchbag guy to get girls, will help meet a potential girlfriend?

So I've given up on going for girls thinking they'll like me the way I am. All these douchy guys have girls going crazy over them. I want to throw my ideals and beliefs about relationships out the window and become what society thinks women want. I'd get fit where the most fashionable clothing and hairstyles and act confident/cocky trying to get as many girls as possible acting like the exciting outgoing guy girls want at my age. At my core underneath this new persona I would be the quiet geeky nerdy quiet caring loving and hopless romantic I am. Still dreaming about finding the person I want share everyday with and love them for all the flaws they have. I'm wondering if this is a good idea? Become the "player" the guy who gets all the ladies. Although it wouldn't really be me maybe someone could learn to like the person under the mask I'd create. My options are give up on dating or change? Which do think I should do? by the way I'm not bad looking I could easily conform to the stereotypical douchy "hot guy" with some working out and wardrobe change. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not if you want to meet a decent women who are potential girlfriend material. Pretending to be a total douche isn't going to get you anywhere in the end, simply because you can't pretend to be someone you're not.

• I agree with him not being able to be someone that he's not, but I disagree with the first part lol

There are lots of good women who try to fix a broken guy and will stay as long as they think he's broken. These make up a good chunk of the women that douchebags date and sleep with

• @M_A_X: True, but there's still a fair number of women who don't want to put up with the bullshit. I don't understand the obsession some women have with "fixing" guys and molding them to some customized standard. Maybe it's the drama or something.

• It's a lack of self-esteem, drama, probably other factors like poor family life/parental relationships. Hell, could even be sometimes that they're just plain dumb and gullible with no other excuses

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll get girls, definitely. Most of them will just want a hookup though cause you won't be good for anything serious.
    You'll also get girls that think you'll be different with her or that she'll change you, then they'll realize you're a douche and leave you.

So yeah, being a douche will get you plenty of girls but if you want something serious, you better not be a douche.

• But at the core I won't be really a douche and then she can feel she changed me right?

• Perhaps, that may happen, but still, those kind of girls aren't really worth it though.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't recommend becoming a 'douchebag'. If girls don't like you for who are then you probably don't want them in your life.

Girls may initially fall for the bad boys / douchebags (they appear fun to mess about with) but in the end they usually want to go back to the nice guy.

Try not to get disheartened and stay true to yourself and try to find girls with common interests to yours, perhaps you've just been looking in the wrong in the wrong places :)

• Just by the title!
    Um... yes you will meet girls that you don't like. who will break your heart.

• it's simple just be yourself if you want girls to like you who you are not what you pretend to be.

• Confidence, yes. Douchiness, no. Be yourself with some added confidence, not something you're not and be like the jerks. They may get the girls but they don't know how to treat them or keep them.

• "Be yourself with added confidence" still means he's not being himself lol If he's not usually that confident, who's to say how he'll act?

To quote a great bit of old standup "Alcohol brings out the real you." "Yeah, but what if you're an asshole? lol"

• Wouldn't be easier to to be confident about a persona and not my really self? If I'm acting how I think all girls want guys to act won't I be more confident? Then after find out if they like the real me.

• But if you be something you're not and drop it when you get the girl, you essentially lied about yourself. Which is no bueno. Lying is not a good thing to do to get girls and keep them.

What Guys Said 4

• You can talk and think like a douche in a few seconds, the clothes are easy to come by as soon as you get the money but the body, the body takes months to years. Unless you take roids and a lot of other enhancers.

It really doesn't have anything to do with what you say, if girls think you are attractive you can almost say anything and it will work. The looks are what matter, girls will look and respond differently to you so you will naturally speak in a more confident manner.

Good luck on the body thing, you need more than an above average to get girls the way you are saying especially if your not tall or your face and smile are not that great.

• if you become douchbag, it's highly chance that you will meet someone who will douch you back as well. If I were you, I will be honest, congruent, hoping i will find someone who has common things with me.

• The idea is to change into a better persone not a douchebag. If u r trying to change, change to someone who is outgoing, funny and has attractive male attributes rather than copying douchebags. Have a rolemodel in mind who might still be geeky and nerdy but with added style and charm that girls like. When girls usually think geeky they think some unconfident weak guy. But if u r smart quirky, girls will think of u in a different way. Yes a positive change is good but dont be someone who is fake. Be someone who u want to be. A better u. Also dont try to be a PUA. Those guys are losers.

• I don't think it's something you can just choose to do. You may find some stupid bimbos who are inexperienced or desperate enough to fall for an act but you have to have something more than a show to attract any kind of quality.