Guys, would you date a single mom?

• Yes
    19% (5)
  • No
    44% (12)
  • It depends
    37% (10)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Guy

• 50% depends, 50% no. If the kids are younger than about 14, no. If she has more than 2 kids of any age, no. Basically it doesn't matter how great our relationship is, her kids are obviously always going to be more important to her than me. Now, I fully understand this, but this also means I will always come second best. It isn't easy being a single mom. Lots of work, time and energy needed to raise a family on your own. Not really interested in hanging out with someone who is exhausted by the end of the night from running kids around all day. Unless the kid's father died, the father will always, to some degree, be involved in their lives. This means some kind of interaction with their mom. This can lead to messy situations and I am not interested in being in the middle of drama. With younger kids especially, it becomes harder for just the two of us to spend together so the development of the relationship can get delayed or take longer. I don't know, the whole thing just seems like more work than it is worth.

What Guys Said 12

• Not only did I date a single mom, I married her.

I was also a single father at the time (with custody).

• Nope. I'm almost 20, still in college, a foreigner... I can't deal with kids right now, plus, a single mom at my age isn't someone that I would like.
    Maybe in the future when I'm older and more stable, I would consider it.

• Married twice and both were single moms , so it's obviously a yes for me

• If it involves financial matters, sorry im not capable financially right now. I'm not your gay male girlfriend.

• I have hard time to date any girl with history with other man, so a child from other man is a big no-no.

• I personally would not because I am still young and want to have my own children and start fresh with my wife

• Nope because she has other priorities to focus on

• Not impossible but very unlikely. Definitely a lot of difficulties revolving around single moms.

• Sure why not? i Love to.

• No, especially if she's on the younger side.

• Maybe a date or two. I need the practice anyway.

• Only if she's a MILF