Would you trust your boyfriend/girlfriend if he/she say "I will take care of you forever" ?

• Yes
  • No
  • Kind Of

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be extremely skeptical.
    I used to be a stupid, naive kid, who believed that 'forever and always' really will be forever and always, I was too blinded by love. He ended up hurting me really bad, he fucked up big time, and obviously we broke up. He was a douchebag and playing me all along.
    Since then I refuse to be so naive again, I'm not gonna trust every sweet and pretty word a guy will say to me.
    Besides, shit happens, how can he know that it'll really be forever? There's no guarantee.

What Guys Said 13

• I wouldn't take it too seriously it's a cliche thing to say. He might mean it at the time but I sure wouldn't hold anyone to it.

• No that is a unrealistic statement I would believe the sincerity of their statement but not the statement itself, as life is incredibly unpredictable you could make that statement then run on hard times, lose your job, get in an accident etc, etc. Also I would never say it personally, the most realistic thing to say would be that you would also try and be there for them and do your best to take care of them, as that is something you can guarantee.

• That would be an instant good-bye to me. I am sorry, but, for me to be the least bit interested, you have to be able to take care of yourself.

I would never expect a lavish lifestyle or anything, but at least be independent and be able to hold your own

I already have a dependent... my daughter... I would never want another!

Now if you are talking take care of the person in regards to love and respect them for the rest of my life, then absolutely, they could count on me whole-heartedly.

• Absolutely NO. She tells me ''I love you'' doesn't mean she will love me forever. Actions still matter.

• That's a lie. Love in this day and age is very shallow and easily dissipated. People stick around at best 5 years. People are interchangeable in this world.

• Do you actually believe that's true? You're saying it like it's fact.

• "forever" is simply a figment implemented by humanity to give themselves some comfort; when in reality it simply masks the inevitability of their own demise.
    So no.

• How long have you been dating, and how old are you both?

• Considering that my girlfriend and I have mental problems its possible one of us might have to when we are old

• Honestly... no. I find that nonsense.
    Call me negative for that, but I don't buy that

• Unless I'm in a vegetative state or barely alive, I'll be the one taking care of people.

• You can't really believe anything a girl says

• No it is a empty promise

• There's no such thing as forever, everything is finite, so no I would think they were being a tad delusional here.

What Girls Said 15

• For most people I guess it depends on how long you've been dating, how strong your bond is, etc. For me, forever is a hella long time and I don't think I would believe him no matter the circumstance. Then again, I'm just a very realistic and sensible person.

• No. Nobody can "take care of other people forever". It sure sounds romantic and i would give him credit for that. But i don't want or need a man to " take care" of me. A guy who knows me should know that already. I want a man to accompany me through life. I'll do the talking care myself

• I would believe that he believes he's telling the truth. We've been together for 4 years and have rings picked out so I assume he's fairly invested.

• not sure, it's a bold statement to make.

• No I wouldnot unless he was the guy from twlight holding me.

• They will die before forever comes, this is probably an impossible statement so I wouldn't think it was a truth. also, people change. You never know what's going to happen.

• I said no... mostly because most people are full of shit... when you are married and in love with them... then maybe i would start trusting them with that comment.

• I would hate it if my boyfriend/girlfriend told me that.
    1. Forever is a long time.
    2. I can take care of myself.
    3. What do you say to that kind of thing? "Thanks babe" I don't know?

• Nope BITCHES ain't SHIT BUT HOES AND TRICKS

• lol that's so corny, nah I wouldn't believe that shit.

• No, i would not

• Umm absolutely not

• Kind of depends

• Love never comes with a guarantee. No one can guarantee they'll never hurt you or take care of you forever. People can change and feelings can change, causing two people to grow apart.

I would trust he meant it when when he said it, because you can't make a relationship work without trusting what each other says.

Expectation leads to disappointment , so I just live in the moment. I enjoy the the " here & now" 💜

• Yep! I already do!