If nice guys always finish last?

What is the most vicious, discounting violence, I can become? I'm not even really in the nice guy camp, considering I'm emotionless and normal more than anything. But, I, still to close to the nice spectrum. Which is weird, because I never censor myself, I'm still vulgar, comedic, and sarcastic. But, anyway... how cruel and vicious can I become? Not just outwardly cruel and vicious, but, subtly, because, that's the way you hurt people, and, women like men that hurt them. I'm not changing myself, I'm just abusing my old personality with bitterness to warp it into another form.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its really not about being vicious at all. Guys who get away with those things are mostly only the extremely attractive ones that makes a lot of girls overlook the bad things about them. "Nice guys finish last" is made up, and guys often use it when rejected because they think its their "niceness" that makes girls turned off, when its actually just the way that they approach and interact with the girl that they do wrong and that the bad guys do right, or they are just not attractive to her. And all self proclaimed "nice guys" aren't always nice either... 😅
    Personal experience: arrogant, controlling and rude guys are a huge turn off for me. HUGE turn off. Can make a 10 go down to a 4 tbh 😒 has happened, too many times.

• Studies actually back up women do not care for kindness from men:
      www.newsweek.com/study-finds-men-nice-women-not-other-way-around-261269

• "That study is flawed in so many ways. Leaves out some important facts that may alter the results, such as: were the not so nice guys "attractive" and "charming" or not? Has a HUGE influence on the results if they are. And also, the age."

That's not a flaw. The study tested whether women were receptive to men who were nice and found that they were less attracted to them, as compared to men who were not nice. They weren't looking at multiple variables but at one common factor. Do women like guys who are nice to them on first meeting? The answer was NO.

" During that age a lot of girls wanna be with the hot popular guy, who more so often turn out to be assholes."

I agree. Guys who are hot popular turn out to be assholes because they can get away with stuff that a less attractive man would be shamed for. Women want the nice guys when there approaching 30 and ready to settle down.

• Hence the phrase nice guys finish last. As in there the last guys women pick to want to fuck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously these threads pop up every day.

Being nice does not entitle anyone to a girlfriend. It does however increase your odds of landing a girl.

Being a vicious, cruel @$$hole will not get you girls anymore than being nice will.

Dating is not a black and white scene. It's not nice guys vs mean guys. There are so many different things women and men find attractive in each other that affects who they want to date and you need to see things from the bigger picture rather than just focusing on those two things.

You can be assertive, dominant, confident, well-dressed (by that I just mean clean clothes at least), smell good, funny, honest, and nice. Those are all qualities many women find attractive.

For the record. If you're determining what kind of person you are going to be in life simply because you want to get a girl, then you have self-esteem issues you need to work on first. That will significantly increase you're odds in the dating world.

You should NOT be a nice guy just to get girls. You should be a nice guy because that is who you are and choose to be regardless of the outcomes/benefits it may or may not bring you.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not that they're nice (sometimes they aren't even truly nice though), it's that they are, or at least come across as, clingy, desperate and so insecure that they are unmanly. I have met many "nice guys" and they act like I'm doing them a favour for dating them.

• You could become apart of the KKK, Nazi, Osama Bin Laden, or Napoleon... Just spit balling here.

• Nice guys do not finish last. If you become vicious and warped, no girl will want you. No one likes bitter people. If you're nice, people will like you, and as I've said on another users question, GIRLS WILL COME TO YOU LIKE FLIES TO A DEAD BOAR'S CORPSE!

• Didn't work back when I was genuinely kind, didn't work when my depression made my self-esteem so low that I couldn't do anything but being vaguely affable, but I certainly did better when I started to indulge in my aggressive impulses.

• Nah most girls stick with guys who are mean, with gaps of kindness in between. You can do a question if you want to confirm this. Most guys will tell you from their experience that being nice does not get you anywhere with women. Hell even studies about this have confirm that women do not value kindness:

• @Roostah Oh... Well, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. I just assumed that since my friends always complain about assholes, girls usually don't like them. Come to think of it though, they never say they don't like assholes...

What Guys Said 12

• It's not "nice guys always finish last", but the shy guys. Here's the reason why: Most of the time they keep to their selves or a select group of individuals, but don't really talk to anyone or seem to have much confidence in themselves. The guys that are typically considered "bad guys" or "jerks" are the ones that are more confident in themselves. Confidence is the key to everything. I told someone else this in an earlier response, but who would you enjoy talking to more. The person sitting in the corner by themselves, or the person who is looking at you and smiling as they introduce themselves? Most of the people that I know would talk to the person who is showing that they are welcoming and friendly. That's the reason they get a lot of attention, because they show everyone a lot of attention too. You don't have to be cruel, vulgar, or anything like that. That is actually repulsive to women. Just be confident, sincere, charming, and funny. Make them feel comfortable around you and make them feel appreciated. Don't try to be a jerk to women because you think that's what they want, just try to talk to them, smile, introduce yourself, and take it from there.

• It's not about being cruel, vicious.

1. Just don't treat women special UNLESS she showed she has earned it.

2. Don't bend over backward for people.

3. Focus on your goals in life, and always aim to improve.

4. Focus on making that paper.

5. Get a tribal tatoo.

6. Dress well.

• This is easy. Become an attorney

• ... You just asked how you can make yourself absolutely undesirable. You do realize this right?

• How is that completely undesirable? Women like guys that just crush their confidence and make pathetic, disingenuous attempts to "build it up"

• That sounds like butthurt talking, and no that's far from the case. If anything you probably have a negative personality that's off putting. Fix up for the better, not to be worse.

• Obviously you are young at this point. You can be nice (respect women wishes, stand up for what you want) & bad (being mysterious, taking risks by giving her surprise, suprise) at the same time. You just need to have the balance handled.

• Just don't be too nice to a girl when you first meet her and start dating. Treat her like she's just one of your many options instead her treating her like you're her knight in shining armor after just meeting her

• I don't treat anyone like that

• look , its not about nice and bad its about looks and confidence if you are confident and have the looks you can be gay and they will like you trust me , anyway women who fall for bad boys are not good enough anyway , trust me.

• well honestly, i am soft af. i will cry about anything and everything. not to say that everything makes me cry but i am very soft hearted. breaks my heart to see people suffering or in pain (although it should everyone else) to give an example, one of my friends dad died and all the girls were crying and then it was me and this other dude crying and everyone else stared stonily ahead. you make the judgment call. just dont be a jerk who thinks he has the world in his hand

• Nice guys are boring. Bad boi are fun. Plain and simple 👌🏻

• So your saying your a scumbag? lol

• "... nice guys always finish last"

Don't worry, you're not a nice guy.

• I was thinking of a story about a guy treating a girl like shit and making her say nice guys finish last while fucking her, and just wondered why. And, no, I'm not, I am arrogant and mercurial and sarcastic, although I'm not cruel. What I need is to be cruel.

• You have absolutely no clue what it means to be a strong person.