Would you rather date a gymnast or a bodybuilder?

This is for girls and guys, would you rather a gymnast or a bodybuilder?

• Gymnast
  • Bodybuilder
  • see answers
Any other opinions on this?
Anyone else got an answer?

If the poll is accurate, why do guys lift weights instead of doing calisthenics...

Most Helpful Girl

• Interesting question!
    Gymnasts are flexible and have the right amount of muscle tone. Guys that do weights to impress women think that women like bigger muscles than they actually do. Just like women typically think men like them skinnier than they actually do.
    Aside from that, I know quite a few guys who lift weights to build size thy need for the sport they play.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• gymnast. because gymnastics is awesome and we could have fun together. plus i dont like super puffed up muscle. over done.

• I am not sure a body builder seems cool!

• Not hot?

• @Lynda_The_Devil aww! lol! Your probably think about him. Thats cute!

• Lol. Yeah thanks. Seeing him having to fight to stop some thugs pushing me around on the beach was a highlight of last year as well. Just watching all his muscle mass in action was somehow exciting.

• Have you seen guys lifting weights at the gym... they are surrounded by other men, not women.

• So it's more about out doing each other then being appealing to women?

• I think they do it for themselves, I'm trying to say that the majority who really notice and appreciate seem to be men.

• Which would you prefer anyway?

• With a gymnast the muscle is their to serve a purpose, with body building the muscle it their to look good, so as this is purely a vanity question I wouldn't want to be with someone who's objective is vanity because I don't care if someone has abs or flabs.

It isn't appealing to be with someone who would spend more time infront of the mirror than me getting ready. What is appealing is if you can use the muscles in another way than what you train for so it's a by product. Ofcourse it is a generalisation and not everyone is vain, it is a sport it is just the person that counts.

• So you'd prefer a gymnast?

• Not at all the person Is what is important, what I am trying to say is the image of body building from the outside is vain, I saw a dorian Yates interview and don't think it is.

What I am saying is if I care for someone It wouldn't matter, bodybuilding is only a part of you do what you love and not be swayed by the objective of finding a lady. Being humble in life in the most attractive trait in anyone, it makes them special. I would happily date a body builder,

• Okay, fair enough.

I guess in asking this I just meant ignoring everything else which would you expect to be more appealing to you.

What Guys Said 10

• Between the two choices, girls in gymnastics, definitely!

• Gymnasts are really flexible if you catch my meaning

• Hmmm... I don't suppose I would go either way, although I think I'm slightly more for gymnasts than bodybuilders. Certainly a woman who takes care of her body is always a big plus. A woman who drinks or does alcohol is not really attractive, as I don't do drugs and hardly drink much if at all anymore.

• I like the literal sense is the word bodybuilder, as in someone that BUILDS their BODY to improve.

Usually on gag everyone just instantly thinks of Steriod infused mass monsters.

• I don't associate it with steroid use, I just think gymnastic maneuvers are more impressive then being able to bench whatever amount.

• Gymnast as I'm a guy.
    If I were a girl I'd definitely say bodybuilder though.

• So if you were a girl you would want a male or a female bodybuilder?

I'd prefer a female gymnast regardless of my body.

• "I'm just saying I assume most girls want male bodybuilders over male gymnasts"

Really, why? Have you looked at the poll results?

• The girls here have an unrealistic view of bodybuilders, they think Mr Olympia. Arnold shit right.
      Most bodybuilders look like hollywood actors that girls flaunt over, like Ryan Gosling. (In Drive and later when he got a bit more muscular)
      Bodybuilding is not exclusive to just getting loads a muscle, it's basically gaining muscle at any amount to look good as long as you do it for an extended period of time.
      Bodybuilding doesn't require steroids, people just associate it with that.

• A gymnast, the bodybuilder style of life doesn't appeal to me, for men or women.

• Easiest poll I've taken on GaG

• Both male and female gymnasts look like models, and bodybuilders look like brick houses to me, so not a hard choice.

• 0|2
  • Hahaha! Most guys who lift weights aren't bodybuilders and don't end up looking anything NEAR like bodybuilders do. Most girls like fit, toned looking guys and lifting helps for that.