Do girls ever message a guy first?

Let's say you've texted for a few days, so there is abit of a fimiliar ground. Do some of you girls never text first?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are two types of girls. Those who do, and those who never do.

Yes, there are girls out there who will NEVER message a guy first no matter what. He could straight up tell her that he's basically in love with her, and she's still gonna be too much of a pussy to message him first. Okay, maybe if not exactly a pussy, just traditional as hell and not willing to let go of those old-fashioned values that the guy always has to initiate the conversation.

I personally belong in the second group = girls who have no problems texting the guy first. If I'm interested and wanna talk to the person, I'm not gonna sit on my ass waiting for hours for him to contact me. I have yet to meet a guy who doesn't like the girl taking some initiative when it comes to talking. I see absolutely no reason not to do that, and I will continue doing so, especially if, as you say, there is a bit of familiar ground. Let's not be silly and play games.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do. Needs to happen more often tho lol.

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah, of course.

• I will. I have no issue with it.

• Yeah I do! I do all the time on gag! hahah!

• I will text if I wanna talk.

• If I'm actually interested in getting to know him better, yes.

• I do if I have something to say, or something I want to show them. But if I don't really have anywhere to take the conversation, I won't say anything.

• I very rarely text first. I always feel like I'm bugging someone otherwise. I do the same with friends too though.

• I texted the same guy first, 3-4 times. He always answers, but hardly ever texts first unless he needs something. Selfish behavior.

• When my boyfriend and I first met he added me on facebook first so I messaged him first.

• Yes, definitely

• Yes, I definitely do.

• Yep! There is no wrong in a girl texting first. It shows the guy you are interested.

• I am currently almost always the one to text first with my crush.. so annoying

• I did once, then I repented when he didn't reply back. I really liked the guy so I thought, "poor guys they always have to do the first move, we are in the 21st century, women should start giving signals too, not just the men"... well it failed! I'm never texting a man before he does! FT!!!

• I initiate the texting, but only if the guy does at times too. If I am the one always initiating , and he doesn't put the effort in... I assume he is only responding out of politeness and not interested , so I don't waste my time messaging anymore.

What Guys Said 7

• I dont text a "I dont text first" woman, after I hear that, I basically rid myself of them. I like talking to mature adults, not children.

• I assume hot guys get texted first a lot.

• I have had it happen before.

• Not some, majority of girls never text first unless you've been dating for a month or something.

• yes. girls who are confident enough

i dated her for 4 years.

• Not only the message first, but they stalk, harass, creep around and even literally beg for sex. Srs.

• They text me first once in awhile